Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A HUGE thumbs up for running in the rain. The whole of my running club cried off last night because of the bad weather so I went out on my own - felt a bit self conscious at first and got some strange looks but I loved it !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've even been and got myself a lightweight waterproof running jacket for the winter so there'll be no excuses !!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
With that sort of dedication LL,you should be running the Brentwood 10k on Sunday week.............:d

Well Done.

·
Registered
511 Posts
welcome to the soggy jogger club :d

i don't think there is anything better than running in the rain, its so good I even changed my name :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe. I will do one but I think the hills in brentwood might be a tad ambitious for my first 10k.
In my defence I am going to do a 5 mile one next Tuesday in Romford so I'm not a total coward !

·
Registered
466 Posts
A running jacket??? Wuss!!

Some huge puddles round my area so I obliged by splashing straight through them with a huge smile on my face!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Nice one LL, I too was out in the rain last night doing hill repeats over Hornchurch Country Park.

What running club are you with?

·
Registered
161 Posts
It totally lashed it down last night. I was half way home and.....
my tracksuit bottoms were that wet the were falling down:((

I kept having to pull them up, they were so heavy:lol:

The rain makes you go faster i think.

I laughed to myself thinking I needed little tiny window-wipers for my eys:|

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi TT
Its not an official running club but I'm a member of Abbs Cross gym and they've got a little unofficial club going - apparently they're going to stop it though in September so that people don't have to run in the dark ... wtf !!
Are you a member of a club in/around Hornchurch ? I'm looking to join a new one ....

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I did go to join the havering 90 joggers down at the sports centre last year, then I had a problem with my back and have only got back to running in the last few months, and now have not got round to going back, they will probably think I am mental, if I rock back up there now :wacko:

But there is a bit of me that likes doing my own thing too.

I love running in the rain and the dark doesn't both me at all either, bunch of woosies ha ha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never heard such ridiculous excuses as they come out with. Its also been decided to cap the distance we cover to 5 miles so that people aren't out too long !!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I've never heard such ridiculous excuses as they come out with. Its also been decided to cap the distance we cover to 5 miles so that people aren't out too long !!!
seriously, fools ha ha

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
winter sees us following a set loop very week, so if tehre's any problems, either they'll get picked up by a slower group, or worst case scenario, we know where to look for them!

Rain was lovely last night... started gently and had some real heavy moments - I ran under a HUGE tree at one point just as the wind blew... I'm sure someone was sat in the tree with a full bucket of water! :lol:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

Hi Loobyloo.

I used to be a member of Abbs Cross gym but stopped going because of the time restrictions they imposed on you when using the treadmill,the only reason I joined was for the treadmill. I can't believe they're now restricting you outside!:lol:

I don't use a gym at all now, I find that doing your own thing suits me better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts