Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is possible to gain 3lbs in 3days?????????????? :eek: Friday 159lbs this morning 163lbs and I didn't overdo it yesterday and only drank on Friday night (was celebrating a new job!)

If you read all the gumph (which I do) that means I have eaten 11500 extra calories plus the ones I burnt off exercising over the weekend, which I would like to state that I most definately have not sat and over eaten by that level in fact not at all.

Grrrrrrrr :(

I have the hump - its just not going the way I want it too, i.e. downwards

Pffff

·
Registered
707 Posts
You're female... water rentention... seriously... it happens. Thus why I don't weigh myself more than once a fortnight!

Don't worry about it! Stress can make you gain weight, so maybe don't think about it for a while, think of all the other benefits from a good diet and exercise, keep it up, and next thing you know you'll be a dress size smaller (or whatever it is you're going for) and feeling great!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Could it possibly be a time-of-the-month related thing? I know that I can put on as much as 2 pounds just beforehand, for no reason whatsoever. On the plus side, they go again the next week without any effort :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
bagpuddycat said:
Could it possibly be a time-of-the-month related thing? I know that I can put on as much as 2 pounds just beforehand, for no reason whatsoever. On the plus side, they go again the next week without any effort :)
Yup, water rentention... it's lovely isn't it...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I think once you get past the age of 14 or whatever you just accept it's an inevitability of life as a female. But seeing as I don't weigh myself that often it's not an issue for me - but I do notice my clothes not feeling quite as nice and stuff... maybe this should be in the ladies' thread....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:d Clearly I can't add either! It's 4lbs and 14000 calories.......lol

I don't have TOTM as am on the injection, I never "seem" to suffer with a bloat but thats not to say I don't but my tummy isn't any bigger and I know when I used to have TOTM that my tummy would get massive with before bloating/water retention.

Just so frustrated, going to Vegas in 2wks with my mate, we booked it in Jan and I started doing WW in Jan and upped my exercise and have not lost a bean.

I don't look any different, and measurements have gone done slightly, I mean like half an inch.

Sorry I just wanted to vent

{{{hugs}}}

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Don't get too caught up on the numbers tha scales show. Sadly there's a huge number of variables to take into account - Don't just think that because you've weighed yourself and the scales are showing you 3lbs heavier than 3 days ago that it means you've gained 3lbs in 3 days... so many things can alter the reading!

As steve says, were you wearing anying different to when you last weighed yourself (ideally you shold be weighing yourself whilst nude anyway). Have you been/not been to the toilet (number one or two) before weighing yourself today or three days ago. When was your last meal? What time of the day did you weigh yourself at last time? Are the scales in the same position on the same surface as last time? Are your scales accurate in the first place?

I use some cheap digital scales, and weighed myself on someone elses scales and their scales weighed me 1st lighter! I felt I had to burst their bubble and tell them their scales were wrong (I'd checked mine, weighing 20kg of weights at 20.01kg). I also weighed myself the other night, putting the scales on the carpet (usually weigh myself in the bathroom) and was a little annoyed to see an increase in weight - then I put the scales back in the bathroom and miraculously lost 3lbs in approx 5 seconds! :d

Anyway, I'll stop waffling, but in response to your post... perhaps keep a log of your weight each time you weigh, so you can see what's happening long term - and also make every effort to weigh yourself in the same circumstances each time!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
richardsimkiss said:
I use some cheap digital scales, and weighed myself on someone elses scales and their scales weighed me 1st lighter!
Could you tell us ladies where you bought these magic scales!! :d :d :d tee hee hee
;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can easily do that.

I know my bathroom scales arent super-accurate, but often times I have piled on a few pounds over a few days.

I always feel heavier though, and I know it is pretty much in proportion to my food intake.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Debz, I only just noticed you said you're on the injection. Have you been on it for long?

I only ask because I used to be on it and I put on masses of weight while I was (it's the evil meds I refer to on another post I've just made on another thread...). It gave me an enormous and practically insatiable appetite (I was still hungry after eating an enormous 3 course Christmas lunch and enough chocolates to satisfy the biggest chocaholic on the planet).

It sounds like you're not eating that much :p but I wonder if it's still doing something to your body which is causing the problem. It is renowned for making people gain weight...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah, I think what also helped me lose a ton of weight when I initially did was coming off the pill and using a different contraceptive. Androgens are definitely known for having that effect. Although a colleague of mine said going on the injection simply made her breasts huge... she's skinny as hell with large breasts... B***h.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Yeah, I think what also helped me lose a ton of weight when I initially did was coming off the pill and using a different contraceptive. Androgens are definitely known for having that effect. Although a colleague of mine said going on the injection simply made her breasts huge... she's skinny as hell with large breasts... B***h.

You have a colleague who's a brush? Do you talk to it? Or is it another of those more "physical" relationships?:d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Her name is butch? with a figure like that i beg to differ !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts