Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new forum member determined to succeed at running.
I have had a number of goes at getting into running in the past but always with the same result. However carefully I coax this now over 40 year old body into running ( for example - I spent nearly a year walk running increasing the running portion one minute per month - thats how carefully!) I always pick up an injury after a few months which undoes all the good work!:(
This time I thought it might be an idea to go and get a proper biomechanical/gait analysis first to see if I actually have any fundamental imbalances and the right shoes!
Does anyone know of a good running orientated professional who would do a good job based in the Somerset Devon area?
I would appreciate any advice

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi there Fish,
I see no one has responded to your question yet, and I'm afraid I can't help either as I don't live in your area. The only suggestion I can make (very hesitantly I might add as it's completely not referenced in the usual way) is this: I saw, at my local Running shoe shop, that there were various business cards left on the counter by various local individuals such as podiatrists and sports physiotherapists. You might see if your local running shop has something similar?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hi Fish,
I know you live in Somerset but you did mention Devon - would Plymouth or Exeter be too far for you?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I found these details for a podiatrist in Bridgewater on the Brooks Running site:
Robin Back
Podiatry Suit, Medical Centre
14-16 Taunton Road, Bridgewater
Tel 01278 423 063

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If you contact Ironbridge Runner in Exeter they have a sports clinic next to the shop and they do gait analysis its cost around £30 for an hour and they do a £20 session for a shoe prescription Tel. 01392 436383 - if you need orthotics they will probably recommend Simon Spooner - he's based in Plymouth and I've been to see him and he is very good but I believe he goes up to Exeter once a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts