Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I started running about a year ago to take part in the 5k race for life and then carried on and I have since done a couple of 10k races. I run about three times per week (between 5 and 8 miles per run) and yet I haven't lost any weight at all. I haven't changed my diet since I've been running so I would have thought with all the extra exercise that I would be losing weight. My body shape doesn't seem to have changed either. What am I doing wrong? - I'm not exactly overweight now but I am at the top end of the bracket that is supposed to be healthy for my height and age. Any tips?!

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'm surprised that you haven't seen a change in body shape, although not necessarily weight as muscle is heavier. losing weight is a matter of burning up more calories than you take in, so it might be that you need to assess your input. it might be worth having a few weeks cutting back on those nasty chocs, chips and alcohol to see if you can lose some weight, and then the running should help you to maintain the weight loss.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:( hi.. i no exactly how you feel... if anything im putting on weight.. its so depressing.. i run with a sweat top on.. (yuk) to sweat it out.. (yuk yuk !!!) but like you ive not dropped a pound.. i agree with everyone else... watch what we eat, stop the alcohol :( :( :( and see what happens... it maybe that muscle is heavier than fat... but like you i dont even feel toned... we should start up a diet and running and loosing weight workshop.. us being the only two members... im gonna start on my watching what i eat and drink from tues. cant before as im out most of the weekend.. funnily enough eating and drinking.. :d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im the same, when I first started jogging I was unfit but did it to drop a pound or two or more:) I got fitter, could do more miles but didnt notice any weight difference. I've given up on the weight thing and just run for fun now, I really enjoy it.

When you work out the secret do let us know:)

Puja

1 - 8 of 8 Posts