Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just wanted some advice on what to do, my partners away for ten days so i wont be able to go running(no babysitters) Has anyone got any suggestions on how to keep active coz i'll be climbing the walls. Ive got a nine year old and a four year old we all have bikes but the four year old gets bored very quickly so we wouldnt be able to go far.:huh:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi stotty i do understand were your coming from as i have a 6 year old and a 3 year old, no family around my way and my husband does long shift work. I ended up getting myself a treadmill in the garage so i take them in there with me with some toys while i run. Its not ideal but you make do dont you.
If you havent got close friend to have them for an hour or family just while you run twice in this 10 day period the only other thing i can think of is taking them to a playing field and give them a ball to kick about or some toys while you run round in cirles for 20mins or so. Sorry if this sounds silly but even a little bit will make you feel better. Any way let me know how you go, if you was nearer id offer to babysit for you i know how frustrating it can be sometimes good luck hayley

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not a bad idea you know, theres a field just down the road from us where we take the dog for a walk, i could take a ball so they could play in the middle while i ran around. I'm sure it'll be hilarious because they argue most of the time but i'll give it a go. I'll let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
"Needs must where the Devil drives" hope you get out :d

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
With the children, you cant tell what will happen till you do it, but maybe try explain that if they can help you out by amusing themselves while you run for abit, after you can reward them with something they would like to do. If they cant do that then you dont reward them back. This works with mine most of the time even with my 3 year, old good luck hayley

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Why not take kids down the local park on their bikes and then challenge them to races...you run they cycle. Would give you a short but sharp speedwork session and give them a bit of fun!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh thanks steve i might try that, theres an old railway path that goes for a few miles near to us so i might try that on the bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts