Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shall be doing this tomorrow. Had hoped to stay nearby with a mate who should have been running but he's pulled out and I'll have to drive an hour to get there now :mad:

Bit on the pricey side but all the funds from entries etc go towards a kind of charity for people suffering with renal failure or other kidney-related problems, so I didn't really mind.

Let's hope the weather holds off eh! I think some of my course tomorrow runs along side the river Taf, which has been on the national news since bursting its banks :| I know roadrunnerrob is at an event tomorrow, too. Anyone else out and about?

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Good luck for your race tomorrow!

I have to drive to a few races as well, just make sure you leave in plenty of time, so your not rushing to get to the start.

I'm doing the Glasgow Half marathon tomorrow, aiming for around the 2-hour mark.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yep as the other roadrunner says, I'm doing Trafford 10k tomorrow - although am being driven there I hope :d

Good luck to anyone running tomorrow - and watch out for rivers and floods or it may turn into more of a duathlon :cool:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I wasn't overly impressed with last years race but planned to give it a try this year. However when it came to paying for the entry it wouldn't accept any of my cards so I didn't bother in the end!

Let's hope the Cardiff Half has improved itself for this year.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i made my time 44m 40s or so today - happy with that but 3rd km came in at over 5m 30s! It was more than a minute slower than all but one of my other splits! Really threw me because i know my pace was steady and kms 2 and 4 were both sub 4m 20s - annoying as hell! Dodgy measurements?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
i made my time 44m 40s or so today - happy with that but 3rd km came in at over 5m 30s! It was more than a minute slower than all but one of my other splits! Really threw me because i know my pace was steady and kms 2 and 4 were both sub 4m 20s - annoying as hell! Dodgy measurements?

How odd! I did a pb in around 52 mins (almost another minute off last race!) and all my splits were well inside 5:30. Strange!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've knocked roughly a minute off my PB too! Will wait to see official result as today's race was chip timing! :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't overly impressed with last years race but planned to give it a try this year. However when it came to paying for the entry it wouldn't accept any of my cards so I didn't bother in the end!

Let's hope the Cardiff Half has improved itself for this year.
Cardiff 10k was badly organised, it has to be said. I tried to register by phone twice and was told I'd be called back but never was. I registered online via a third party website, which gave the option to top up my entry fee by £1 or £3 for the organisers who are a charitable organisation (there was no option not to pledge extra at all!!)

I had a phone call a day before the event to tell me where to pick up my number, but wasn't told where to pick up a t-shirt (neither on the day nor in advance). I came away having paid £20(!) for a 10k event and to show for it I had a load of shite leaflets from HSBC, a pencil and an 'HSBC' medal. I don't take part for the goodies but I'd like a little more effort for that kind of cash tbh!

Well marshalled in general, good support but that's largely down to the lovely members of the public who came to cheer us on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts