Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
t'is cool and your efforts brought a smile :) reminds me of the forrest gump scene where he just "starts running" and doesn't stop. I was thinking about that on my run today actually. It annoyed me lol. All this effort you put into training and there's Forrest claiming you can just get up and run every hour of the day. Hmph.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'm currently reading Long Run Solution after reading Long Distance Running, and it goes into great depth about running freely... it mentions a guy who ran 500 miles in 10 days without any training. He just ran a bit, rested when he felt tired, walked a lot, just making sure he never did more than his body wanted too - much like we all were as kids!

I still refuse to believe I could walk out the door tomorrow and do 50 miles! lol.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
richardsimkiss said:
I still refuse to believe I could walk out the door tomorrow and do 50 miles! lol.

Why not? Are you at work or something? :d
Really, 50 miles in 24 hours is nothing, surely?
I'm sure the ultra-runners amongst us will verify that! :p

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
can't put a price on keep your knee joints intact anyway :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The Forrest Gump thing irritates me as well; really good movie, but it just passes off this total fallacy that you can just keep running non-stop for several days if you really really feel like it :mad:

Awesome cartoons :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not I. I don't actually have a TV; I watch it occasionally at my friends' houses,but there's so little on worthwatching that I decided to save some cash and just use internet instead :p

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Katten said:
Not I. I don't actually have a TV; I watch it occasionally at my friends' houses,but there's so little on worthwatching that I decided to save some cash and just use internet instead :p

NO TV??? How COOL is that?! :cool:
I've often said that I'd like to get rid of ours; but SWMBO(BRI) watches it more than I do, so that's a non-starter. :embarrassed:
There really is so little worth watching. TV (for me, anyway) is nothing more than a distraction. But I'm afraid that I'm guilty of being "drawn in" when I could be doing other stuff. Just lazy, I guess.
It's become something that we just accept without question. How much does TV control us?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm sure if you rested a bit you could do any distance given enough time... a friend of mine randomly started out running and he was super chuffed that he'd done 9 miles, I was like great! That's amaing for someone who never eats and has asthma! How long did it take you? He said it took him pretty much all day... the route he'd ran was along a main shopping street in Sheffield, he'd bought a book in an oxfam... went into morrisons... so basically yeah... he could of only been running quarter of a mile at a time, one shop to the next. I can easily run a marathon in a week between 3 runs... I dunno if I could do it non-stop though!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Well, yeah, you probably could, almost_no_wotsits. ;) You don't have to run fast the whole way. Did you ever finish a regular run feeling like you could do the same distance again?

Thanks for the compliment Mr P :d To be honest, I find myself staring vacantly at youtube clips, e-mails, forums... in much the same way as I used to with the telly, so I guess it's more of a relaxation thing than a control thing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts