Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's officially measured and a very flat, smooth, surface. This is the first time it's been held in the summer so could be good for a PB. At least that's what I'm hoping!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EAS 10k - August 10th

It's officially measured and a very flat, smooth, surface. This is the first time it's been held in the summer so could be good for a PB. At least that's what I'm hoping!
Well it was very warm last year but a whole bunch of folk got PBs. We're kicking off at 3pm this year (August 10th) so you get a lie in too :).

This run will be Race 2 in the EAS 10k Series. The first one was in March but if you missed it there's still two left (August and November) with two needed to score.

Hope to see you there!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Certainly is yes. The 10k is actually on the circuit - hence the flat and smooth :).

We also do a duathlon there which gives folk a chance to tear round it on their bikes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I thought about entering this after reading the reviews on the Runners World website ..... not sure if I could cope with the 3.5 laps though ...... I get bored easily so think I'd lose interest pretty quickly! :p

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Wayhey! I'm in.

Mrs Hrun has said yes (we are on holiday) so my first race has just got several weeks closer.

Anyone else doing it? It would be nice to meet some peeps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've seen the circuit once watching some racing, certainly looks smooth enough, but it's not *that* flat is it?

I agree with you Richard. From the reviews I've read it seems to be slightly undulating. It can also be rather windy / hot if the weather conditions arn't perfect because its very open with no shade. Apparantly it can be good for PB's though. Maybe I'll give it a go after all .... it might be quite nice to get a quick time for my first race! :p

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I agree with you Richard. From the reviews I've read it seems to be slightly undulating. It can also be rather windy / hot if the weather conditions arn't perfect because its very open with no shade. Apparantly it can be good for PB's though. Maybe I'll give it a go after all .... it might be quite nice to get a quick time for my first race! :p
Go for it, it is only round the corner from you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I may well be there yet Hrun! I spoke to hubby tonight and he quite fancies doing it too. Its 2 days after we come back from the Lake District though so I'll have to try and get some running in while we're up there. :d

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Nice one. It is half way through my holiday and just after we get home. So I will either be there with my support team or on my own depending how tired Mrs Hrun is.

It would be nice to meet someone I talk to virtually :)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
According to the thread title it has been and gone :(

I am in. Race number 154. I feel childishly excited now, probably as it is my first.

Now if I can only control my pacing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How was the race Giles? I never made it there in the end. Split my right big toe while climbing up Scafell Pike last Wednesday! :( I'm hoping my next attempt at actually getting to a race will be third time lucky though! :p

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I never made it either :'(

I turned my ankle last Wednesday and despite all my hopes I still can't walk on it properly let alone run. My next race (infact the first I booked) is the Torbay regatta on the 24th. I have been swimming to try and keep my fitness up and went out for a cycle today.

I was gutted to be honest, after all the build up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts