Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to shut up about my foot injury (plantar fasciitis as it turned out to be) as I was conscious I'd been going on about it rather.

But I had to post because I'm finally starting to feel I might be able to run again soon. I went back to Tae Kwon Do on Wednesday night. I didn't stay the whole time, just did 50 minutes of pattern practice and stretching/warm ups. But that was 50 minutes of being active in bare feet, with no support, on a hard floor. And I can still walk without any pain today, which is when it should start showing up if I'd set it off again.

Hooray :d

If it's still OK over the weekend, then I'm going to the gym on Monday to do a little bit of running and walking on the treadmill.

Cinderella, you shall run that 5k in September. I hope. If I take it carefully.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Sounds promising BPC... though as I'm sure you know this is the time that's more important than ever to be sure you're resting it and caring for it properly to ensure it can rebuild and strengthen after each workout rather than break down further and further.

Perhaps leave the glass slippers at home for the 5k... I've heard trainers are much better for running ;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Fingers crossed BPC.................. fingers crossed.gif

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
bagpuddycat said:
But I had to post because I'm finally starting to feel I might be able to run again soon. I went back to Tae Kwon Do on Wednesday night. I didn't stay the whole time, just did 50 minutes of pattern practice and stretching/warm ups. But that was 50 minutes of being active in bare feet, with no support, on a hard floor. And I can still walk without any pain today, which is when it should start showing up if I'd set it off again.

Have you tried the martial arts shoes? They may offer support on the hard floor when doing patterns.

Also, it might be worthwhile asking your instructor if you can wear your trainers during warm-ups and patterns - when I used to do TKD, my instructor allowed people with foot injuries to wear trainers during patterns and warm-ups, but not sparring.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grant said:
Have you tried the martial arts shoes? They may offer support on the hard floor when doing patterns.

Also, it might be worthwhile asking your instructor if you can wear your trainers during warm-ups and patterns - when I used to do TKD, my instructor allowed people with foot injuries to wear trainers during patterns and warm-ups, but not sparring.
He's happy for me to wear trainers during patterns and warm ups, but I chose not to this time. It was so warm in our hall on Wednesday that we only did a gentle warm up and I find it hard to do patterns with trainers on, as the friction between them and the floor is so much greater than barefoot!

I'd rather go barefoot when I can - I've always liked to spend as much time barefoot as practically possible, so I want to build up the strength in my foot again so that I can go back to doing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts