Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been passed by or overtaken a celeb during a race?
I once lined up with Motty and then saw him come in at the end of a 10 miler.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got cut up by Gordon Ramsey in the Reading Half Marathon a couple of years ago, he apologised though, so he's obviously not quite as rude in real life! I beat him by a few minutes in the end too!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
3 years ago, 5 minutes before the start of a half-marathon in Lisbon, a hand came from the croud and a voice said: "Have a good race." I was concentrating for the race ahead and just half-looked, shook the hand and said: "Thanks, you too." As he passed me and went on greeting people, I saw that it was the Portuguese President :d

·
Registered
335 Posts
ive obviously never raced, but my claim to fame is i have made specs for Arthur Scargill, the arrogant dude who played the sleazy old dude in coronation street,cant even think of his name now he advertises double glazing now too, and also the fella from agadoo we made all his wierd and wonderful specs too lol

Rememered his name, Reg holdsworth......YUK!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
When I watched the FLM last year my childhood hero ran past me, Dennis the Menace :d

·
Registered
272 Posts
Overtook Sonia O'Sullivan going over Tower Bridge during the night=time Nike 10km a couple of years ago.Very satisfying.Very nice lady though

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I ran past Sally gunnel in the FLM at Tower bridge a couple of years ago.;)
I also beat Nigel Mansell in a race at Silverstone recently.:d

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Rob said:
Did anybody here get overtaken by Jade Goody in last year's London Marathon? hehe:d
If anyone is debating getting a gait analysis.Here's a reason to do so.(one of many issues relating to the multi talented Jade goody I know).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
carlwhitley said:
I haven't entered a race, but...

I have been watched at rugby by the chap who plays Eric Pollard in Emmerdale :d

Also been watched (while on rugby tour) by Arwel Thomas (ex-Wales international).
I've run with him at fleet. And that bloke who played cain. He's ok in real life! I also saw peter riley after the national 10k a couple of years ago. We were in exactly the same kit! Just good taste i guess.....

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
My Dad's claim to fame was having his face stitched up by Dr Roger Bannister, after a dog had bitten him... fairly cool I think :cool:

Not quite the route this thread is going down, but worth a mention...

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I have a newspaper photograph (from a long time ago) of myself leading a 10k race, with Mike Mcleod on one shoulder and Steve Cram on the other. They weren't there for long before haring off into the distance! (However, I've managed to beat them both on other occasions :) ).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts