Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a cyclist (running is becoming a winter training activity for me) Please no Boo's or hisses just yet. We don't wear undies in our cycle shorts :embarrassed: :eek: , well they are padded and shaped that way. In running. do you where undies in shorts and tights? (i run in tights mostly).

I ask as i am experiencing chaffing at 6-8 miles+. This would not be a problem but after 10 weeks running i have a :eek: 1/2 marathon fell run booked:eek: (please no comments i was drunk when i booked and i train 7hr's+ a week).

Mark

the run is on the pembroke coast path flat as a cactus.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Run in a kilt?? :p

Just kidding. I think pants are optional in running as well. That or I've been doing it all wrong... :embarrassed:

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Big problem with chaffing here when going beyond 10 miles or so.
In lycra shorts and tights I would wear some sort of underwear.
With the "normal" shorts I just apply vaseline - and always when racing over more than 10K.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I've only ever worn the running shorts that come with lining sewn into them and therefore no need for third party undies, lol. Although I've not done too many long runs I don't tend to suffer when I have gone beyond 10-14miles.

In saying that though I once wore some 'swimming' shorts as my running ones were dirty, thought they'd be similar as they have a net lining in them, got 4 miles away from home and was in absolute agony with chaffing! Never pleasant :(

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
track racer said:
In running. do you wear undies in shorts and tights? (i run in tights mostly).Mark.
I wear undies under 'normal' shorts (regardless of whether they have a mesh liner) and with winter running tights or tracksters. Like Fulmar I use vaseline when running longer distances in normal shorts, or when racing.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Usually wear shorts with liner.

Commando with vaseline.(lots of it..........:d )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts