Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Not sure if im posting in the right area but hey ho. Basically i sent away for an entry form for the o2 run to beat half marathon in october. the site i got it from was a charity called get kids going, with respect to them i was wondering fow the whole charity sponsorship thing works if i want to run for someone else i dont know how i would approach them and if they would foot the entry fee in return for a certain ammount raised, i was hoping to run for cancer research.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Dan

I would firstly say call the childrens charity and see whether your application has gone through and been accepted? If this has gone through, then they will support you with a fundraising pack and I would imagine, set you a minimum amount of sponsorship they would like you to try and raise. Dont panic about this though, as a charity they can help advise you how to achieve this and it is not has hard as it sounds, honest! Whether they fund the amin cost of the race is a specific charity question, every charity is different and you need to ask them specifically about that.

If you find out your application has not gone thorugh and you want to run for Cancer Research, then look on their website at their event pages and they will provide you with links and numbers to call to sign up.

Hope this helps! :)

Kelly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts