Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading something in the papers a couple of times now that basically said that cheap trainers are just as good as all the expensive, big-brand running shoes.

I'm still using a 10 year old pair of Nike trainers that are starting to fall apart but I find them really comfortable. The question is are they doing me any harm as they have virtually no cushioning left in them?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Probably just as well to have a gait analysis and get a new pair - safe than sorry and all that.

What that study doesn't mention or seem to take into account is the fact that people have different running gaits, so a cheap pair of trainers MAY provide enough cushioning, but could be totally wrong for your gait...

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
As long as ther is no risk of tripping on a flapping sole and you feel happy in them .

You presumably aren't inured then fine ,it may be worth seeking a replacement pair now so that you can break them in in advance of the final demise of your old pair.

:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
As I only took up running at the advance age of 52, I was a bit anal about avoiding injury, so religously followed advice on not only getting proper running shoes, but changing every 500 miles. Stuck with that approach and 2.5 years later (with no problems) I ain't gonna change now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts