Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this Chi running stuff? Is it worth the effort of changing from your 'natural' running style to adopt some of these chi movements?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think it looks fairly interesting but I'd be fairly skeptical when on www.chirunning.com it says:

[QUOTE="Chirunning]Run injury-free for the rest of your life[/QUOTE]

If it could do this, more people would adopt it and more athletes would endorse it.

Still, I'd be interested to know more about it and how the physiology of chi running can develop you to become a more efficient athlete.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
admin said:
What are chi movements Karen?
I was looking at the June issue of Runner's World Magazine. Chi running is related to tai chi. Chi running movements apparently include movements like leaning forward from your ankles whilst running to change your centre of gravity, landing on the mid-soles of your feet, picking up your feet whilst keeping lower legs limp, and this is a really a bad summary, but those are some of the ideas.

Nick's web reference is spot on - I hadn't seen that before.

I was really wondering whether this is just another fad, or whether people actually got something out of it - like the less injuries bit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
is this all in the mind if you believe it then it will probaly do your running some good as long as it does not involve knocking on doors with a colection tin or dancing in oxford street in funny robes good luck batman

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm currently reading Danny Deyers book at the moment. I know some fellow ITB suffers that swear it helps them but practicing the focuses takes time. I think the basic principles are sound - running form is important and he also emphasises listening to your body which he calls body sensing.

I wouldn't change your style unless you had a particular issue.

I found the chi-running technique for running up hills effective - particularly the arm swing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts