Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Achtung!

I've just got in early and booked our teams Christmas shin dig at the Bavarian beerhouse in our great capital city.

It should be a good night out as the place has had some good reviews.

I just wondered what other clubs generally do for Christmas?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dont know about clubs but our workplace had a party in the office last xmas, it was all rather schoolish as we sat around the boardroom table nibbling crisps. We didnt go out anywhere to eat for some reason, boring lot.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
We all dress up in Christmas fancy dress, and en mass (usually about 30 or 40 of us at least!) and run through the local town, stopping in the centre for group photos. The people of Chipping Sodbury love it!

When we get back to the club there's lots of food (which we all bring) including hot mince pies...yum!! and drinks... wine as well as soft drinks ;)

Then we have the club draw for the London marathon places.

It's great fun :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
We usually have a 5km handicap, followed by a prize giving, beer, food and then a night out ending with us getting barred from local pubs for having too much fun.

Needless to say I don't do a long run on the Sunday!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Cor, I want to join a running club even more now- sounds great fun! OH and I are both self-employed so we don't even have a work Christmas party to look forward to/dread any more.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
We all dress up in Christmas fancy dress, and en mass

When we get back to the club there's lots of food (which we all bring) including hot mince pies...yum!! and drinks... wine as well as soft drinks ;)

It's great fun :)
Please can I come, Please can I come, Please can I come!!!!!!! :nuts:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts