Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone taking part in a festive run...?

I have got two of these. 10th Dec - Christmas Pudding Run (10 mile) and 17th Dec - Turkey Trot (5 mile)

Now looking for anything to do with gravy and veggies, to complete a Christmas lunch.
These light hearted races look loads of fun, with runners dressing up in tinsel, santa outfits, etc.

'Go on it's Christmas', have some fun.....:d

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm probably going to have a go at the "Boxing Day Run", it's a nice little 3.2 mile cross country across some fields in Pirton, Hertfordshire. Sponsored by a local brewery they have their own beer brewed for specially for the race which is the momento.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm going to do the long run from the top of Courchevel to the bar at the bottom :embarrassed:)

(If I'd been staying at home in South West London I would have raced BPTT 5km, then swum in the open air pool at Hampton... what a shame I won't be home - I will have to do that on New Year's Day instead!)

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I think I'm going to enter our local Christmas fun run, just a gentle 5k on Boxing day should help shift the Christmas dinner :lol:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Hey Dale!

I'm running for the British heart Foundation on Dec 13th at the Reading 6K Santa Jog (See Sig)

Then the 1st weekend in Jan i am running the Woodcote 10k to help run off the Christmas Pud!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I didn't even notice!
Ah well - seeing as we're posting on here anyways - I'm doing a run Xmas morning - its a local one not advertised but joining some other club members and doing a shortish one followed by an ickle pub visit :d

Rumours are as well our club does a Christmas run where the ladies run one direction - the men run another and do a loop back towards each other and then when they meet - they go to the nearest pub.... I say the ladies just trot to the nearest pub and wait!! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts