Runners Forum banner

City of London mile

12K views 105 replies 9 participants last post by  RunSpoonRun 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I would love to do this but London for just over 5 minutes is a bit too far ! What time are you going for James ?

#6 ·
I've just signed up, thank you for sharing!

#8 ·
I've signed up as well as only 1 hour from home for me. Worried I might be too slow (7 minutes) and hoping for some slower runners to keep me company at the back of my wave!

#10 ·
I'm doing 7 mins too. Not very fast yet.

#13 ·
Good question. To me I will just run long distances because I'm running 10 k a week after this 1 mile race so for me it will be more like a warm up :)
mind you though, it would be nice to set my PB in this race... so waiting for training advice too :)

#15 ·
What is the race? :) do you follow a training plan for it?
I just run to be honest

#17 ·
that's awesome! Mine will be just a Nike Women 10k race at Victoria Park. Not as cool :)

#18 ·
Just discovered that 7.00 would have put you 324th out of 609 in the Adult Mile race last year! Slowest runner was 15.10 and fastest 4.21!

As far as training, nothing special planned. Will just try and run some fast miles as part of my longer training runs. If I am running 7Km (my usual training route) I will try and run the first mile as fast as possible and then settle into my usual pace (if I can). I figure it will help my 5km and 10km race paces also.

Also looking at doing the Royal Parks HM in October but not decided yet. Will need a charity place if I am going to run it.

#19 ·
Also looking at doing the Royal Parks HM in October but not decided yet. Will need a charity place if I am going to run it.
That's what I want to do too! But you need to raise a minimum of 400 pound. It bothers me, what if I won't raise this money?

#23 ·
ok, you sold it. I'm going to sign up :)

#29 ·
Yesterday I have been to a briefing about the race. I got so motivated. Medals are meant to be very nice and related to the last year, so they will be collectionable.

There will be lots of waves including elite runners. It's just one mile to run and almost the whole day event. And it's free. You still can join!

#30 ·
Neil, are you going to collect the race pack on the day or in advance?

#31 ·
Hoping to get along on Friday to pick up the race pack. If all else fails I will get it on the day. Fitness is not great at the moment so I think I will be looking at over 7 minutes rather than my original sub 7 minutes target. How about you - pack on the day or in advance and what time are you targeting?

#32 ·
I will be aiming for sub 8.30, or maybe 8 mins if i will be on fire. Don't want to set a bar too high to avoid disappointment.
probably will collect it on the day, can't be bothered to go that way just for that.

#33 ·
Ok Marta, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. Let's hope for a great time and a good run!

#36 ·
yesterday I ran 1 mile withing 8.01 mins!! I'm thrilled! Now I will have to do sub 8!

Have you seen an email where they say that after the run there will be giving one glass of something in the Paternoster pub? You will just need to show your medal :) Looking forward to it, we should smash it!

#35 ·
Not for me I'm afraid. Looks like a great event though.

#40 ·
where? do you there will be space for a warm up run? Or you mean at home before coming to the race?

#42 ·
Guys, how about going for a drink all together afterwards? I mean it's free anyway :)

#43 ·
Sounds like a plan! Although, depends on my timings for the day as I might have to shoot off reasonably sharpish! :unsure:

#44 ·
Race pack is literally an envelope with your number (with timing tag built in) and four safety pins, so don't get excited ;) Not even any additional instructions!

I'm in wave 2 - happy to hang around to cheer you over the finish line and meet up afterwards. Will PM you both my mobile number.

#45 ·
Spoon what is needed to collect your race pack? I might go there tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.