Runners Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
2,698 Posts
I'd love to go sub-5:30 - I did 5:34 at the Westminster Mile a few weeks back. However I'm in the middle of a block of heavy mileage so not sure how much that'll impact me. So I'm just going to go for it and see what happens!?

What's your race number Marta? I will hang around after my race to cheer you over the finish line and say hi :) Forecast is looking good at the moment, sunny spells and very little wind :tup:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd love to go sub-5:30 - I did 5:34 at the Westminster Mile a few weeks back. However I'm in the middle of a block of heavy mileage so not sure how much that'll impact me. So I'm just going to go for it and see what happens!?

What's your race number Marta? I will hang around after my race to cheer you over the finish line and say hi :) Forecast is looking good at the moment, sunny spells and very little wind :tup:
My race number will 3536 and I will be wearing a purple t-shirt. I will see if I can get through the finish line for your wave to cheer on you. Will you be wearing your lucky red top?

·
2,698 Posts
Pleased with my run today - 5:30.8 at the end of a big mileage week. Legs felt heavy from the start but I pushed on and tried not to lose concentration and slow. Passed the halfway point dead-on time at 2:45, so knuckled down and pushed hard to try and get every bit of speed out of my legs. Decent sprint finish passing quite a few people. Didn't feel as hard an effort as the Westminster Mile a few weeks ago – the tiredness in my legs was preventing that. I therefore think I might be good for a couple of extra seconds on fresh legs.

Managed to cheer on Marta towards the end of her race, and catch up with her afterwards. Another great race, good organisation this year, the baggage queues seemed much better and good crowd support at the finish line too. And all for free! :tup:

How did everyone else get on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pleased with my run today - 5:30.8 at the end of a big mileage week. Legs felt heavy from the start but I pushed on and tried not to lose concentration and slow. Passed the halfway point dead-on time at 2:45, so knuckled down and pushed hard to try and get every bit of speed out of my legs. Decent sprint finish passing quite a few people. Didn't feel as hard an effort as the Westminster Mile a few weeks ago – the tiredness in my legs was preventing that. I therefore think I might be good for a couple of extra seconds on fresh legs.

Managed to cheer on Marta towards the end of her race, and catch up with her afterwards. Another great race, good organisation this year, the baggage queues seemed much better and good crowd support at the finish line too. And all for free! :tup:

How did everyone else get on?
Well done James. Not so good for me a the City Mile where my time of 5.53 was 10 secs slower than Westminster. Don't think I helped myself by starting quite near the back of my wave (wave 3) and didn't warm up as thoroughly as at Westminster. Damage was done according to my GPS between 400m & 800m. Just seemed to go to sleep at this point and did catch quite a few runners who overcooked the opening 400 at this point.

Doing a 1 mile track race at the end of July so hopefully can PB here. Have a 5K race before then and hoping to squeeze in a parkrun so hoping to get a 5K pb too.

Good luck with your races.

·
2,698 Posts
Yeah I found the start quite crowded even though I started reasonably fast forward. They could do with a narrower start funnel to create a bit of space. Don't know about you, but my GPS track was all over the place due to the buildings around the city, so not sure how much pace can be trusted! Congrats anyway, still a good time, and on a course that is slightly slower than Westminster I reckon, due to the tight corners and a few undulations.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts