Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the general concensus here about clean running kit? Persoanlly I don't have a problem if I've been out for half an hour to wear the same sweatshirt again the next day. I'll have a clean t-shirt and socks etc natch but shorts...?... debateable. This running lark does seem to generate a shed load of washing, and I can't see the problem with wearing something again when it's just going to get *more* sweaty and then get washed. Is that skanky to wear things more than once or do you all have pristine kit every time out?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
As long as my clothes don't start to make my room smell, I don't care. Ha.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Three sets of kit in rotation per week. 1 set for mornings. Other 2 alternate on evening runs.

Each "set" = 1 pair "Tracksters"/leggings; 1 long-sleeved top; 1 T-shirt.

Shorts and socks are worn for the evening run, dried over-night, worn on the following morning's run, then replaced with clean stuff. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'll tend to wear the same kit all week too, though if it was to smell bad I'd wash it as and when necessary. I would probably rotate my kit more, but I only have one set of winter kit, so it's a case of either wearing the same kit or being bloody cold!

(admitedly I could run in normal jumpers and joggers, but i'd rather not!)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I don`t mind wearing the same kit a couple of times.

But only if I`m running on my own.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I wear the same running tights but not tops.

I have worn my socks more than once but they dont tend to get sweaty

I wear breathable stuff, so hopefully it does not smell too bad ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I have worn same kit twice before, I don't think there is any shame in it and if there is I don't care that much, couldn't go out though if it was smelly but as my running stuff is moisture wicking mostly it isn't too bad :d

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I generally use clean, unless something's only been used on a really short run. Mainly because most of my runs are fairly long, I guess, but the prospect of re-using it just does not appeal :(

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
mike84 said:
Ive got pizza stains all down my kit, and I couldnt care less.

As long as it keeps me warm im happy.
Pizza stains??? I want to go running with you!!! :d

I tend to use socks no more than twice, t-shirts no more than once and shorts... well... trust the old nose :p

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Jason!!!!!!! How did you get that thingie in the end of your message? :d

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the replies. Nice to know I'm not alone.
Fulmar said:
Jason!!!!!!! How did you get that thingie in the end of your message? :d
It's just a smiley from the internet. So for example if I wanted to put the soup dragon in my post I get the address of it (URL) and then put it in my post with
after the url.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Jason said:
It's just a smiley from the internet. So for example if I wanted to put the soup dragon in my post I get the address of it (URL) and then put it in my post with
after the url.
Thank you :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts