Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first 10k of the year yesterday. I haven't been out more than 4-5 times since the half marathon 2 weeks ago, just recovering resting a bit and trying to prepare for the 10k. I set off trying to keep a steady 7.55 per mile pace but I started to lose a bit of ground around the 7K mark as the course deviated and went up and down here and there, and my eventual race pace was 8.08 per mile. I was aiming to get as close to 50mins finishing time as possible so I was happy to get an official finishing time of 51:00 - although the (trusty?) old Garmin said I did 50.25. It's a new pb for me - I've lopped 4mins 11secs off my last effort. I've got another 4 or 5 10k's lined up for summer and I know I wasn't running as strong as I might have done yesterday and obviously I'm looking to improve in the future. It's getting better little by little. I WILL get a sub 50!
Anyway, my new pb - 51:00

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Nice one Rob.

The sub 50 isn`t far away....................

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well done Rob still it's a pb :d

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, folkies.
after the horrid day I've had on the domestic front, you would be amazed how much a few simple smiling emoticons mean.
Bless you

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Sub 50 is a dead cert matey... a half mara 2 weeks before with lots of recovery between is never going to be the best prep for a 10k (though probs about the best in the cirumstances!)... A great result that you should feel proud of, and you'll get the same praise again once you dive under the 50min barrier ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts