Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can feel through the ether that you all want to know about this year's club champs!:rolleyes:

Well whether you do or don't here it is!!

9 races only this year...alll count and scoring system is age graded. Bonus points come into play at the 7 race point....more about that when we get there.

Anyway SWMBO and I have titles to defend starting with a 5m race in Gt Yarmouth on 7/5.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Good luck for this year's race series!!

I'm sure you'll both defend your titles well... and then some! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for your confidence but the age grading system will go against us both I reckon

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steve said:
Well thanks for your confidence but the age grading system will go against us both I reckon

what, even when you hit the old and wrinkly vet cat (that I'm already in :confused: ) in September?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Catagories don't play a part Trin...it's your actual age on race day, the distance and the time that count.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok then Race 1 of Club Champs is tonight...Gt Yarmouth 5m.

Looks like it'll be a warm one but with little breeze off the coast ...part of the Norfolk Grand Prix Series too so there'll be some speedy geezers there...they won't worry me though....I'll be well behind them!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah tell me about it and ill be well behind you :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LEECE said:
Yeah tell me about it and ill be well behind you :p

About 2 hours behind?;) :p

Know the start time do we?!

Sure?!

Positive?!
:d :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
YUP its 20.00 hours isnt it :p

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have never turned up late for a race before and normally always give plenty of time, too much time probably as it makes me more nervous waiting about :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well you have your number and know where the start is so try to get there 20mins before the start and you shouldn't have time to get nervous.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
18 LRR members ran last night so it'll take some time for me to do the calcs for the league!!

Anyway it was a warm night with just a slight breeze to contend with...ideal conditions really. A record entry saw 202 runners take part in the second of the GYRR 5m Series.

I felt a bit "groiny" before the start and had decided on route, having taken counsel from SWMBO, that I would take the first mile a bit slower than last time...the plan therefore was to go closer to 6'20" for the first mile as opposed to 6'05".

So off we went and my legs felt heavy and tired...probably still had that 17.5miler in them from Sunday. At least that meant I didn't go off too quick and at 1m my time was 6'15" so almost to plan.

My legs began to ease and the old groins were ok so I continued at that pace for the next mile. Don't know why but the next 2 miles were a struggle....a couple of blokes came past me and I was making no impression on the guys in front...but the time was still ok.

Got to 4m...saw I had 6'23" to do last mile in to break my 2 week old pb....changed gear, gritted teeth and made it my mission to catch the 2 guys in front...which I did with say 1/2 a mile to go...and go for it!

With the finish line in sight I could see it was on...good sprint finish to impress the locals and across the line in 31'42"...a pb by 15secs.

Finished 35th of 202 so pleased with that too.

Leece ran well but see her disaster thread...AGAIN....what's she like!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
richardsimkiss said:
Great run steve... always love to read peoples race reports :) Leece didn't turn up late again did she??? :confused:
Cheers Richard.
No she didn't..see her disaster thread re last night's er, mishap!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rob said:
Great read, Steve. Well done on your new pb too - seconds count!!
Cheers Rob....one race left in the series...aim is to knock off those last 12 secs:eek:

SWMBO raced too of course...was fairly pleased she ran better than last time but is still way off her pb form.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts