Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been said before on several occasions but I'll say it again anyway... join a club - it's fantastic. I had my first session with a club in Bath tonight and everyone was really friendly. Not only that, my heart rate showed I was working much harder than I had previously when I thought I was all out! It's great having people ahead to focus on (while still having a few people behind you if you're in the right group!)

Couple of really inspiring people there too... 2 or 3 in there 60s in my group striding past me up the hill (Bath is a full of the bloody things!)

Anyway, ramble over! Happy running everyone :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Couple of really inspiring people there too... 2 or 3 in there 60s in my group striding past me up the hill (Bath is a full of the bloody things!)
Did you mean full of old people or hills?

I agree, joining a club is great. I probably wouldn't have improved as much if I had kept runnining on my own.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Good to hear you have found a good club as well. I totally agree with you about joining a club, tonight I had a great run with just 3 others. We meet about 6:15 ready to run at 6:30. About 6:00 it chucked it down so I think that put a few people off.
We headed out and it was nice, a bit cold but nice enough but then the heavens opened and we got soaked to the skin but continued and finished our 6.2 mile run, if I hadnt been going out with the club I would have stayed at home :) Clubs are great and I think Im going to really enjoy running this winter....

As has already been said, join a club you wont regret it. (and if the first club you go to doesnt suit you, go to another one. I did :) )

O.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts