Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh why oh why does my bum get so cold? The rest of me gets lovely and warm (even to the point of sweating like a pig) yet my bum is still freezing:confused:

Anyone know why this happens? Any tips on stopping it?
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I think (though I don't know) that it's a case of the body having no real need to keep it warm... it's not like it has any real function... so the body won't tend to waste valuable energy ensuring it stays suitably warm on a run ;)

May be complete tosh... but that's what my brain imagines the situation to be ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Taurus does it bother you whilst running or is it something you notice when you get home.

My bum is always cold too but don't notice till I get home, it's not something that bothers me though.

:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I think (though I don't know) that it's a case of the body having no real need to keep it warm... it's not like it has any real function... so the body won't tend to waste valuable energy ensuring it stays suitably warm on a run ;)
So if it has no real function,it gets cold.

Without going into to much detail Richard, I really hope your wrong..........:eek:.......:d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Enough said dave! ;) I think the body prioritises where the blood flows, and thus where is warm so... - Oh I don't know! i'll shut up now :embarrassed:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dave said:
So if it has no real function,it gets cold.

Without going into to much detail Richard, I really hope your wrong..........:eek:.......:d
LOL - almost chocked on my low fat Twix :p

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Granty said:
LOL - almost chocked on my low fat Twix :p
low fat chocolate should be banned :mad:

I ate a whole easter egg last night :embarrassed: I only meant to have a bit of it :eek:

Not so much cold bum now but fat bum.....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I get cold bum too, weird feeling but i only notice it when i get home too.

Especially when you stick it in the bath :eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I also get a cold bum when I get back from running. Got one now in fact as I've just got back from a run (its warming up now though for anyone who's interested).

The thing is, if it gets cold because its not really used when running so doesn't have much blood flow going through it, how come a lot of runner's seem to have nice bums? Not that I'm a bottom expert or anything, just an observation that a lot of runners tend to have well toned, umm, bums.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Well, butt cheeks do have muscles that are used during running, so I wouldn't say it has no function. I've never actually experienced the cold bum phenomenon whilst running. It sounds quite bizarre. I can't imagine what a cold bum must feel like. Maybe I should put in ice pack on my butt cheeks so I can "empathise" ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
JBBury said:
I can't imagine what a cold bum must feel like. Maybe I should put in ice pack on my butt cheeks so I can "empathise" ;)
Or you could just ask someone for a quick feel after they get back from a run

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
JBBury said:
Well, butt cheeks do have muscles that are used during running, so I wouldn't say it has no function. I've never actually experienced the cold bum phenomenon whilst running. It sounds quite bizarre. I can't imagine what a cold bum must feel like. Maybe I should put in ice pack on my butt cheeks so I can "empathise" ;)
Indeedy, and the muscles will be warm through action, but the coldness is on the surface,and there's usually a good layer of fat/flesh covering the muscles... I meant this fatty/fleshy layer doesn't have much of a purpose other than perhaps cushioning?

Now I really will shut up :embarrassed: lol

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
JBBury said:
it feels almost numb JB............. :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have plenty of fat/flesh covering mine lol :p

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
its not for a woman we hate it lol

My tip is to prevent a little wobble wear two pairs of trolleys or invest in a pair of skins god they suck your butt in :p

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
LEECE said:
its not for a woman we hate it lol

My tip is to prevent a little wobble wear two pairs of trolleys or invest in a pair of skins god they suck your butt in :p
A little wobble isn't too bad, unless you get men (not me of course) shouting "can I have some fries with that shake" ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts