Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Very quick, random question. I need to get hold of a hot/cold pack, and am struggling to find them anywhere - I know that sounds bit daft, but Boots and sports shops in my town don't seem to sell them.

Can anyone recommend somewhere? I've found them online, but including P&P they're coming in around £10.

Also, can anyone recommend any particular brands etc that they've found good? I've seen the ones you can chuck in the freezer and then put into a sleeve type thing? And also the peel and stick on sorts?

Anywho, any quick help is well appreciated!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Ron... head for poundland or similar... I was quite surprised to see they have them in there! (the gel type that you can either chuck in the freezer or heat up in hot water).

I've tried the peel and stick ones once (i was given a free sample) and to be honest I thought it was useless! I don't think it provided ANY of the healing properties you'd associate with an ice pack, it was more just like the menthol tingling you'd get from watching with one of those menthol showergels!

In all honesty though, I'm yet to find a BETTER solution than pedestrians suggestions. a bag of value peas stays cold a good while, comes in a sealed bag, and moulds perfectly to the shape of your anatomy. Contradictary to my bit about the tingling stick on 'icing patches' if I ever feel teh need for heat I'll use deep heat (much to the annoyance of my partner who hates the smell!),

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I'll get some peas in then - have tried using 1) chips 2) onion rings and 3) chicken nuggets but none actually, as stupid as it sounds, were actually cold enough to do anything.

Cheers though, muchly appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts