Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought but would it be worth having a sticky thread at the top of the shoes section with the most common questions asked about shoes by people just getting in to the sport and then under than question an answer?

i.e.

Question:
Hi! Im new to running and have been using my normal trainers but feel I should maybe get a proper pair of running shoes, is this a good idea and where can I buy them?

Answer:
Great your getting in to running, the best place to go is your local running shop, they will give you professional advice and help you get the correct shoe for your style of running.

That sort of thing.

Owain.

·
Registered
298 Posts
...or easier still, a sticky that says "please search the forums before posting"

:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I googled before buying - this way you ehar many peoples problems, reasons, and reviews before buying to get the shoe for you - me I have joint problems so I got really really soft runners :p

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
mrstimpson said:
I googled before buying - this way you hear many peoples' problems, reasons, and reviews before buying to get the shoe for you - me I have joint problems so I got really really soft runners :p

"...Other peoples' problems, reasons and reviews" can be very misleading. When following such "guidelines", there's a fair chance that you could reject a particular shoe that would be absolutely perfect for you, just because someone else didn't like it.

If you were to ask all of the regular contributors to this Forum to recommend a favourite brand/model of shoe (please don't do this though... It's been done so many times already ;) ), you'd see just how opinions/preferences differ. Just have a delve into the other shoe-related threads...

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I suggested it is because most of the shoe threads you see here all end in the same reply....go to your local running shop :)

O.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Tough line between having a forum and a general information site I think. I'm starting to try and write some literature as a sort of 'beginners guide to running' to add to my own website. though with a few other projects on the go it's a very slow process. For the time being it'll stay as a slightly out of date resource for my race reports. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts