Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chambers has lost his appeal...

.....hooray!!:d

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very glad to hear it. It would have been a complete farce if he'd won! Cheats should definately NOT get a second chance as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
tremendous news

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Was that the guy who got caught then said "oh I didn't mean it, let me go to the olympics please" ?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Yes. He got caught, denied it, was found guilty and banned, later admitted to it and said a sprinter on drugs would have to be having a really bad day not to win a gold, played some rugby and american football badly, and then said "You should all forgive me and let me run in the Olympics because I want to".

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Yes. He got caught, denied it, was found guilty and banned, later admitted to it and said a sprinter on drugs would have to be having a really bad day not to win a gold, played some rugby and american football badly, and then said "You should all forgive me and let me run in the Olympics because I want to".
Great summary

·
Registered
664 Posts
Great decision, but just a pity that the rules aren't so strictly enforced throughout all organisations and sports - the only way to ever cut it out is to make it clear that when you are discovered doing it you are finished in sport.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
He wasn't appealing against a legal decision. He was challenging a rule on the grounds that it infringed his right to trade his skills internationally, since other countries do not impose an Olympic ban on athletes. Still, I'm glad they rejected this argument.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts