Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my name is danny and im a complete novice to running.i am 4 weeks into a training program which is gently breaking me into running,it began with run 1 min/walk 1min x6 and im now upto walk 1min/run 4mins x6.i have taken the plunge and have registered to run the southend 10k and rainforest 10k which are both in october,so if anyone has any advice please contact,cheers. ps: the inside of my calfs ache like hell,is that normal?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good for you.
Aches and pains are normal especially if you have just started running. If the pain lasts or worsens then consult sports physio.

Important not to do too much too soon...might have been better to enter a 5k first. I'm guessing that you are not running as far as 3 miles as yet so to do the 10ks you have to double the distance you are doing in training at the moment.
How many weeks have you got to your first race?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck in Southend Danny.

It will be my first race since I started running 18 Months ago.I should be able to finish in just under an hour.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
But only by a couple of minutes.I promise to start at the back to keep out of the way of you quickies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first 10k

hi, thanks for the advice and encouragement.the southend 10k is on 8th oct so im thinking that i will be sensible and alternate between walking and running :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Danny,
Wow youve jumped in at the deep end, ive only just started running but i'm trying to find someone to run with at the mo. Good Luck.
Stotty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts