Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Walking around Aldi the other week I spotted some long running socks reduced to 99p , they happened to be compresion socks but wanted some long socks for winter as I stay in shorts most of the time.
I love them, they don't slip down and I feel sure that my calf's feel better after longer runs .
So just ordered a top to wear as a Base Layer when I know I'm going to get wet to stop the nipped chafe .

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I do my long runs in some CompressSport calf sleeves and wear some Aldi compression socks afterwards. I 'think' it makes a difference, which is probably all that matters. Not sure they actually do though!

MattB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran for 30 years and stopped 8 years ago because of hamstring/calf injuries... I have been cycling/swimming. I started running again using compression gear along with icing afterwards...things are going well so far...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran for 30 years and stopped 8 years ago because of hamstring/calf injuries... I have been cycling/swimming. I started running again using compression gear along with icing afterwards...things are going well so far...
Hi, I like light compression or nothing at all. If it's over 20 mmhg then it's just too tight. I'm 6 feet 1 inches tall and lean muscular. I've run with compression socks in marathons and without. For me, the only time that I appreciate compression socks is after a muscle pull. At that point I will use the compression sleeves to reduce pain, enhance the dermis tissue on the outer leg, and reduce the bounce. I wouldn't wear them unless you had a pull and are recovering. That being said, a minority amount of people swear by the properties of recovery with better blood flow. It's not for me though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts