Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Walking around Aldi the other week I spotted some long running socks reduced to 99p , they happened to be compresion socks but wanted some long socks for winter as I stay in shorts most of the time.
I love them, they don't slip down and I feel sure that my calf's feel better after longer runs .
So just ordered a top to wear as a Base Layer when I know I'm going to get wet to stop the nipped chafe .

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I do my long runs in some CompressSport calf sleeves and wear some Aldi compression socks afterwards. I 'think' it makes a difference, which is probably all that matters. Not sure they actually do though!

MattB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran for 30 years and stopped 8 years ago because of hamstring/calf injuries... I have been cycling/swimming. I started running again using compression gear along with icing afterwards...things are going well so far...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran for 30 years and stopped 8 years ago because of hamstring/calf injuries... I have been cycling/swimming. I started running again using compression gear along with icing afterwards...things are going well so far...
Hi, I like light compression or nothing at all. If it's over 20 mmhg then it's just too tight. I'm 6 feet 1 inches tall and lean muscular. I've run with compression socks in marathons and without. For me, the only time that I appreciate compression socks is after a muscle pull. At that point I will use the compression sleeves to reduce pain, enhance the dermis tissue on the outer leg, and reduce the bounce. I wouldn't wear them unless you had a pull and are recovering. That being said, a minority amount of people swear by the properties of recovery with better blood flow. It's not for me though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I like light compression or nothing at all. If it's over 20 mmhg then it's just too tight. I'm 6 feet 1 inches tall and lean muscular. I've run with compression socks in marathons and without. For me, the only time that I appreciate compression socks is after a muscle pull. At that point I will use the men compression stockings to reduce pain, enhance the dermis tissue on the outer leg, and reduce the bounce. I wouldn't wear them unless you had a pull and are recovering. That being said, a minority amount of people swear by the properties of recovery with better blood flow. It's not for me though.
I wore compression socks while running, and they did provide me with support and promote blood circulation. After exercise, the muscle soreness will disappear more quickly. My wife has varicose veins and she has been using compression stockings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts