Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thanks for your help before.

Ive got another question. My training so far has been fine (ive got a 10k on sunday) but ive mostly been running after work and doing upto 9k in 55 mins. I did a run on saturday morning as a warmup to sunday morning and ran out of puff after 4k which worried the hell out of me. I had some pasta the night before and a banana when i got up. Where am i going wrong-or was it just a bad run?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I would not worry about it too much, and put it down to one of those days. The Tuesday before my Half Marathon I had to walk twice during my 5 mile wind down and was really concerned for the Sunday.

Come the day in question I was fine, as I am sure you will be as well, big bowl of pasta the night before and you'll be fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers.

Cheers fella. What did you have in the morning? Ive heard some people saying to have porridge a couple of hours before running....

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I think general guidelines recommend something with a low GI a couple of hours before run i.e. porriage because it is slow burining and something with a high GI after the run or maybe even duringing to replace the engergy lost during the race.

Take it easy and good luck for Sunday.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My staple pre-run/race breakfast is always the same - porridge (with honey) or muesli and a slice of wholemeal toast.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Pre race breakfast

Ginger said:
Do you eat that 2 hrs before running?
I made an effort to drag myself out of bed 3 hours before, and approx 2hr's (give or take) have a light breakfast of toast (with honey !) :asleep: , a cup of orange juice and a 1ltr bottle of Lucozade

Not my normal breakfast I have to say, but it worked for me, I think that tea the night before was more important for me.

EDIT: - Forgot to say - good luck for Sunday!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah - good luck for Sunday Ginger - and sorry for hijacking your previous thread (but you must admit it made for some good reading). Let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck on sunday fella.....Nor am I Steve !!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Good Luck for Sunday Ginger.....I also apologise for hijacking your previous thread.

Take it steady, don't go off too fast, run your own pace, save some energy for the last km or two.....focus on a good finish. The weekend before my 10k I struggled to run 5k....terrible, but alll was ok on the day!

Good Luck,

Lyn.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve said:
End of an odd week!
Lyn better behave from now on or there'll be trouble!

Have just read this (ok, 10 Jack Daniels in an hour and a half) didn't see 2nd page (oh dear, much too long a day!) I have been so good as far as alcohol goes for weeks now....but, blown it tonight, may need 'spell check'!!! I will run late tomorrow or today now (Saturday), hungover or not, but I promise to make an extra effort on Sunday, I WILL behave and run 10k or more. I must turn over a new leaf, no more 'extra forum activities'...stick to the Thread.........must be good!!!

Appologies to anyone/everyone

Lyn.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts