Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can turn the contrast up to make it easier to read. Awesome but over a hundred quid!
Look for an Oakley oulet if you fly anywhere,buy tax free!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Do we runners really need all this 'cool' rubbish?
The answer is NO!
Just go and run as much as much as you can as often as you can.
Cool running watches DO NOT REPLACE TRAINING!!!!!

<<cough cough>>

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trinity said:
Do we runners really need all this 'cool' rubbish?
The answer is NO!
Just go and run as much as much as you can as often as you can.
Cool running watches DO NOT REPLACE TRAINING!!!!!

<<cough cough>>
I thought about doing this too! :d

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you want a watch that looks like this with light text on a black background then I think you can actually change a normal LCD watch.

My Timex SDM watch now looks like this... it was like it when it came back from being repaired (I got it a bit wet)

I think the secret is in the polarisation but I haven't really played with it much....

P.S. No guarantee given - if you stuff up your watch by taking the back off and messing with the screen, it's your own fault!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I get slated for making a point about poor standards in the UK but a post on watches gets slated aswell. This was meant as a bit of fun for gods sake!

·
Registered
105 Posts
i always used to buy casio - it was exciting waiting to see if the battery would run out before the cheap plastic strap broke. my present one is a Lidl's 6.99 special. you get a stopwatch, count down for any time, it can be set for so many beeps per second (useful for getting stride patterns in reps) and also has a compass setting which i can't work as i lost the booklet. really nice strap, big display for hours and mins. only problem is i can't read the seconds whilst running which makes it interesting as i only know my mile times to the last minute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts