Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me to a good website for these techniques?

I am very poor in this area and need to sort it out quickly, primarily for swimming but this would also have a positive impact on my running.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gumps...can you get yourself to a pilates class so you can learn the correct technique rather than practising bad form. Once you've done the basics then you can practice on your own.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a problem with me as the classes are all at teh wrong times. Do you think it is worthwhile investing in acouple of personal trainer sessions at the gym for this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all. Yoga is working well for me in this area. If it's easier to get a private session then go for it. It'll also help you to decide if it's for you or not.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I tried yoga last year - got a video from somewhere. I couldn't believe it but after 10 minutes I was sweating like a pig and bliddy knackered! That was before I started running though, so I might give it a go again...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gumps you could probably book a one to one pilates session and you'd get the basics and could then do it yourself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with debbo. You'd gain a lot from a 1-on-1. In classes they sometime don't spend enough time with each person esp. if they're busy.

Even just 1 class will give you the basics you need. Then maybe a video??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts