Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would tell you that the runs round my area are superb.
I live near Livingston and am minutes from open roads and forrests, which make my weekend runs something to look forward to.i think we all need that sort of ditraction when doing a long one.What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
mr red said:
Just thought I would tell you that the runs round my area are superb.
I live near Livingston and am minutes from open roads and forrests, which make my weekend runs something to look forward to.i think we all need that sort of ditraction when doing a long one.What do you all think?
Couldn't agree more. If there were only roads and pavements to run on I think I'd have stopped running years ago - possibly through injury! The Yorkshire Dales, where I do a lot of my running, is a popular tourist area. But within ten or fifteen minutes I can be in MAMBA country (miles and miles of b----r all) with just Grouse, Golden Plovers and the occasional Merlin hurtling past as I run through a desolate landscape of windswept moors, murmuring streams and rocky heights. In such an environment running is a most wonderful pastime.
Cheers!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I have a country park which has a nature reserve and only takes about 5 mins to run to, and is really nice to run through, it is a real mix of countryside meets urban town, because I can see the London skyline from certain parts of the park, and not being a country girl, there is something nice about being able to see the City. :d

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
SWMBO - from Steve...

MAMBA - Runningfox

So much culture for me :d

I live in a big city but only 2 miles away from a forest where one can easily run 20 miles hardly touching tarmac.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts