Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any1 run this today?
I did and it was my 2nd half marathon, the last time i ran one was 21 years ago when i was 15 :d
I enjoyed it the crowds were great and some really nice hills as well!!:eek:
Well pleased with my time of 1:47:32.Was hoping to get under 2hr's so this was a massive bonus......but owww my knees again:)

Gaz

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Gazwebb said:
Did any1 run this today?
I did and it was my 2nd half marathon, the last time i ran one was 21 years ago when i was 15 :d
I enjoyed it the crowds were great and some really nice hills as well!!:eek:
Well pleased with my time of 1:47:32.Was hoping to get under 2hr's so this was a massive bonus......but owww my knees again:)

Gaz

Not done the race but well done great result. :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Gaz, I'd planned to race it... managed to get my entry in on the very last day (paying an extra £5 for late entry) but then come race day I had mysterious brake trouble and I didn't want to risk the drive to coventry. 9.10am and the problem seemed to sort itself out... couldn't find anything wrong with the car anywhere, I WAS FUMING!!! I'd trained for this event specifically for the past 3 months! Yet there was no way I could get to the start in time :(

Anyway, as it turned out I managed to get into a 10k XC race in Stratford (The Welcombe Wobbler) and managed to set myself a new 10k PB despite it being offroad! Absolutely over the moon - especially considering I was so gutted when I realised I couldn't race at Godiva.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts