Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone from coventry running the milton keynes half marathon?

Does anyone need someone to run with in coventry -why is it showing me as a junior member? im an adult

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
you're junior cos you've only made one wee post :)

i live in cov and did MK a couple of years back, fast and flat apart from the underpasses and one vicious canal bridge toward the end as i recall.

what kind of running/training are you doing at the moment ?

depending whreabouts you are in coventry there are a number of very active clubs to conisder:
northbrook, sphinx, saracens, godiva (perhaps massey? & alvis?)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 4 the reply im running 5 miles at alan higgs centre on a wednesday and then 8 or 10 miles on a friday afternoon and i have just started doing 2 miles in my dinner break on mondays. Have u got any races lined up. I have been lucky I have got 1 of the 3000 places given to the daily telegraph 4 this years great north run and i am going to do the 2 castles in summer

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
the only firm plan locally is stratford marathon again.

2 castles is a nice run, not usually organised enough to enter on time tho'.

gnr is..... an experience.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Howdy Clive... I'm not quite Coventry, but live in Warwick and run at Kenilworth Runners.

Two Castles was a great run for me two years ago although I missed last year. Two years ago the heat was intense, to the point where I was crossing the road any time there was a chance of running in the shade... I swear I ran closer to 11k :p

I'll be at Stratford at the end of April, but only doing the Shakespeare 1/2 Marathon, I take my hat off to ed (and the other entrants) doing the full marathon! Next planned races include the massey 5miler (phillips accounting 5?) and Leamington Regency 10k... then onto Stratford...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Two Castles was a great run for me two years ago although I missed last year. Two years ago the heat was intense, to the point where I was crossing the road any time there was a chance of running in the shade... I swear I ran closer to 11k :p
ah yes was a bit warm..... i was sick at about 3miles (on the way into leek wootton)
but then i had done a silly run 2 weeks earlier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all

I saw richard simkiss result on web when i was reading the results to see if i knew anyone in the two castles run warwick to kenilworth. My next run is the shakespeare stratford half marathon. Did the milton keynes half this year and only just got there when gun went off for start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
runnig training

ed_m said:
you're junior cos you've only made one wee post :)
i live in cov and did MK a couple of years back, fast and flat apart from the underpasses and one vicious canal bridge toward the end as i recall.

what kind of running/training are you doing at the moment ?

depending whreabouts you are in coventry there are a number of very active clubs to conisder:
northbrook, sphinx, saracens, godiva (perhaps massey? & alvis?)
im doing 5 miles withh saracens running club on a monday night and 8 -10 on a running machine at the local gym on a friday afternoon.

At present the races ive got lined up are stratford half marathon /two castles run the lady godiva half marathon and the great north run.

What races have you got lined up and whats your training schedule.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
ah richard... that reminds me
i ran charnwood marathon on Sunday and not only had the bizarre coincidence of chatting to a chap from birmingham in the first mile who's doing gucr this year.. and ran with him the rtest of the way.. but also chatting for a bit with sue t...t...thompson? townsend ?? in training for the west highland way.. after casual discussions of previous race times we conceded she may be a bit quick for us and let her go ;-) but we chatted about rob carr & draycote 35.... i also spotted aiden marshalling at draycote 35 who i used to run with from the gym in coventry.. small world... especially as far as ultras are concerned.

clive.. hi.
i train a bit with andy adkin who runs their website.
i plan on entering both stratford marathon & stratford triathlon, but better get a move on in doing so!
after that at the endof may i have a 6day stage race across islay & jura !
and after that.. a loong time after in september i'm lined up for ironman uk again!
clearly a sucker for punishment!

what gym do you run at ??

my typical schedule is...
mon - swim
tue - lunchtime run, evening cycle/spin
wed - swim
thu - strength
fri - cycle
sat/sun long runs &/or cycle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ironman uk -where does that take place? I am doing the norwich sprint triathlon in a weeks time. It would be my first -im dreading the swim section as i have read about people being kicked in the face and also because i cant get the breathing right on front crawl im going to swim breast stroke and i have never even wore a wet suit yet so it may feel strange.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
ironman uk -where does that take place? I am doing the norwich sprint triathlon in a weeks time. It would be my first -im dreading the swim section as i have read about people being kicked in the face and also because i cant get the breathing right on front crawl im going to swim breast stroke and i have never even wore a wet suit yet so it may feel strange.
hi clive had forgotten about this thread.

IMUK is Sherborne in dorset and well worth spectating !

Yes a wetsuit will feel very different, especially breast stroke. Swim starts can be a bit of a mangle but take it easy and start to one side or the back and you'll be fine.

I can hook you up with some people OW swimming at Market Bosworth on Saturday AM or Thursday PM if you like.. i probably won't be at either date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts