Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this would be good for any of our fellow injured forumites who can't run at the moment, so whatever mileage you are covering whether it be cycling, cross trainer or swimming etc post it here.:d

Hopefully for those injured this will give a bit of motivation to those who can't get out and run at the moment, but can still do exercise.

I hope roadrunnerrob doesn't mind but I will kick off with his bike miles from the Beijing thread.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
seems to be a few people injured on the forum, contented myself that at least its winter anyway. swimming 50 lengths of a 22.5 metre pool twice a week, so hmm that equates to: 1125 metres each time, not going to contribute to the overall distance much I think. MaybeI should get the bike out of the shed.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Cool idea :cool: Thanks TT, don't mind you transferring my "lead balloon" miles over here at all :d

At least there is only one small island to traverse, I may have to swim it as I'm saddle sore from the bike now so have to stay off that for a bit now as well :( :rolleyes:

The pool beckons - perhaps I can emulate Benoit Lecomte, who swam across the Atlantic (not completely non stop mind, just for 6-8 hours a day) in 72 days.

swimming 50 lengths of a 22.5 metre pool twice a week, so hmm that equates to: 1125 metres each time, not going to contribute to the overall distance much
Makes you realise how hard it is to swim 21 miles across the English Channel! Unheated too :confused:

Must avoid sharks :lol:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
3 lazy miles on the bike today (with some padding for my backside :lol: )

8 woot, are we out of view of the sea yet :lol:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Got to 2.5 miles today - when a blinking pedal flew off the exercise bike and I couldn't find the tool to fix it back on :(

I may have to swim some of the next 800 miles now :lol:

Although I did jog on the spot for a minute to warm up, and no hip twinge :d

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
70 lengths worth in the pool today - 1.1 miles.

Will reach Scotland single handed at this rate :lol:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
A couple of miles - one testing superglued pedal on exercise bike - it's held up so far! Another 1 swimming.

·
Registered
124 Posts
great thread!!

i have been on the cross trainer for the last month - 15kms this morning. tomorrow HITT for 45 mins....

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
7 miles on the x-trainer and 8 miles on the bike
=15

=40.1

·
Registered
613 Posts
back to the shed for me

i've been back to the shed using my i-magic turbo trainer linked up to my pooter for the last couple of weeks.
hip problem just wont go away whilst i run, after 6 days of no running at all i tried an easy 4 mile run and the pain came straight back.
so i'm doing about 6 hours a week on the turbo.

at least it should improve my cycle fitness for summer but i want to mix it up with the running.

anybody else use a turbo trainer or i- magic, good bit of kit and soon get hot even in this cold weather.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Sam, don't say that. Think of this time off the road as helping towards the bigger goal. I know that is easier said when I'm not the one who can't run at the moment but doing other forms of exercise can only help you in the long run and swimming is great for stamina. You watch you will come back fitter and stronger and probably go and get a PB on your first run ;)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
PB on first run!!!
Think about it ......... You make me giggle

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
What is this pick on Lisa day :rolleyes:

I meant first run back as well you know Mr C ;)

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Sam, don't say that. Think of this time off the road as helping towards the bigger goal. I know that is easier said when I'm not the one who can't run at the moment but doing other forms of exercise can only help you in the long run and swimming is great for stamina. You watch you will come back fitter and stronger and probably go and get a PB on your first run ;)
Lisa will you be my personal motivation coach ... lol :)

Thanks. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts