Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a few mixed reviews anyone got one, how do you rate it, any other recommendations? Might go for a Boardman or a felt depends on price or if I can get in store credit.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Read a few mixed reviews anyone got one, how do you rate it, any other recommendations? Might go for a Boardman or a felt depends on price or if I can get in store credit.
I recently got a boardman and its great , its a Boardman race , ali frame with carbon forks !

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got my boardman 3 years ago and not had a problem with it, although they may seem dear you get a lot for your money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a Cube Peloton Race [2014] a few months ago, no complaints although ive nothing to compare it too as its my first road bike.
Did need to get the gears tuned when I first got it, nothing major though.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Gears will need to be tweaked on any new bike, and then after a little while tweaked again as the cables stretch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It is horses for courses with bikes.

If you bought it and found that it wasnt for you then, you could always resell it as bikes are going for stupid money on evilbay at the moment.

The important thing to remember is what you want the bike for and what you want to achieve with it.

I have a specialized tricross, heavy alloy frame but is great for the commute to work and winter riding. Paid £400 of evilbay, the guy spelt the specialiaed wrong so nobody found it to bud on it. I found it using the site "fatfingers".

I use a bianchi team bike for races and if I want to do a long good training session, cost £12k and no before anybody says anything it is not stored at my house, it is stored in a storage lock up that can only be accessed at limited times and you need to sign in and out to get access.

A guy at work bought an halford special £250 as he throught he wouldnt use it much, he has deiced he loves cycling and has upgraded to a planet X, great value for money and good quality for the money. You can customise the bikes as well if you phone them and ask to have things changed.
But personnally I would and see them, pay the £150 (if I remember correctly) for the bike fitting and order one from there. You get the money for the fitting knocked off the price of the bike if you purchase one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts