Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running for a couple of years but have always suffered from a painful LEFT knee. Until today I had never seen a doctor or a consultant to find the cause, I've always relied on a knee support and a few neurofen to get me through, not ideal. I went to see a physio today and after being pulled around like a 70's Stretch Armstrong I was told the cause was due to tight muscles around my RIGHT hip and RIGHT lower back which in turn was affecting my LEFT knee, odd I know. She told me it was easy to cure and showed me a few simple excercises to perform. Hopefully they will do the trick. I've searched this site and have read many threads concerning knee pain coming to the conclusion it can be caused by a number of things. Moral of the tale? best get it checked out.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Definately best get it checked out... the vast majority of running injuries are overuse injuries, and if they aren't - you'll bloody know about it! (e.g. falling over, twisting an ankle, stubbing a toe etc...)

None of us are perfect, and very few people are completely symmetrical, which of course means we have muscle imbalances - it's these imbalances that cause excessive wear/tear on certain muscles and joints. If we (as runners) can indentify the imbalance and it's cause, we can work to correct it!

Best of luck with the strectching and strengthening work :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts