Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of struggling with my old sciatic injury, I have finally admitted that I'll not make it round my next half marathon without risking a more serious injury. :mad:

My heart really wants to prove that the sub 2 hours in March was not just a freak result, but I'm afraid this might be a race to far.

Instead I'll save myself for a more leisurely 10k the following weekend

Anybody fancy running the New Forest Half on my behalf? ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Scr8pe

While my injury is not as bad as your I know what you are going through.
Think we both need a pint together to drown our sorrows!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Awwww sorry to hear that Scr8pe but you know your own limits and if you know you will not finish it then its wise to pull out.

There will be other halfs

Chin up

Leece

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Sorry to hear Scr8pe, it is frustrating, if you got a sub 2hrs once then your body is capable of doing it again, persevere with the getting better and enjoy your 10k look at the fact you are still running :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your support, the 10k seems a much more sensible option purely because of the shorter distance. I know from recent runs the the pains gets worse the longer I'm into it and if I enter the half I will not allow myself drop out , thus enforcing a possible serious injury.

I'm hoping that by making this decision it will boost my overall attitude to training and allow me to re focus.

Many thanks again, with special thanks to richardsimkiss for pointing out to me in a recent thread that it was dangerous to set distance targets as it doesn't allow proper recovery between runs.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Aw shucks, thanks scr8pe :embarrassed: Always glad to offer my advice/opinion, and it's always pleasing to hear it's helped somebody!

Again, best of luck with the recovery - stay positive :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts