Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im a product Designer and seeking for information on what you want out of a water container and the problems you've experienced with picking up water at race water-stations in particular, and problems with water bottles themselves, to help me design better stations and water bottles. Suggestions, links, exsisting products and information all very welcome! Ta

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Not sure if this helps but during the recent Great North Run I found the sponges more useful than the bottles as I could use them to cool down and also get some water into my mouth.

Agree with steepler on the plastic cups, you just can't drink out of them when running.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Sponges are best...provided they are clean. I once made the mistake of squeezing some sponge water into my mouth and it wasn't water but some kind of cleaning fluid..instant gag time!

·
Registered
231 Posts
How about a water bottle where the water doesn't slop around in it, even when it's no longer full? How about a flat, rather than round, water bottle so that it streamlines against your body (inside a pouch) rather than be this huge protruding round thing that you keep knocking with your pumping arms?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts