Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i want to go on a diet now but dont no where to start, i hada look on the internet searching google and all i got is loose 10 stone in 3 days, sounds good but you and i no that's never going to work.

I do get hungry fast and i don't like that feeling like that. has anyone got a diet plan that you can drop weight and not feel hungry

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hmmmm some of the hunger pangs can be psychological - I recommend Food for Fitness by Anita bean but there will need to be some kind of calorie counting or balancing as you'll need to use more than you eat to lose weight. Low GI foods like porridge, whole grains etc can make you feel fuller for longer. You can cut out a lot of calories by changing your cooking methods such as dry frying and grilling more. If you use minced meat brown off the meat and then drain off the fat before adding your sauce. You can also lowe the GI of some dishes by adding veg e.g adding spinach, carrots to spag spog

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My diet use to contain mostly chocolate and crisps during the working hours, I now try to make an effort to eat more fruit during the day, over a period of time I found this has reduced my cravings of such evil bars !! :p

Galaxy tho' - now's that a different ball game!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Granty said:
My diet use to contain mostly chocolate and crisps during the working hours, I now try to make an effort to eat more fruit during the day, over a period of time I found this has reduced my cravings of such evil bars !! :p

Galaxy tho' - now's that a different ball game!

If you going to eat chocolate has to be Dairy Milk ;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
Dark chocolate has antioxidants in it.....isn't Galaxy marketed at women???
No No No - its a Mans chocolate bar for sure (especially the big bar they sell at the local Tesco's express)

you must be thinking of a flake - that's a chick bar :d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
If it's naughty chocolate then it has to be Galaxy...it's much smoother than Dairy Milk

But Dark chocolate is healthier...and you can't eat so much of it, which helps

I don't suppose all this talk of chocolate is helping much is it FunkyShots :confused:

The thing is... you need to get over your not liking the feeling of hunger. When you're trying to lose weight, initially you will feel hungry because you're body is telling you that your stores are emptying and that it needs more fuel to maintain everything.

But you want to empty the stores so your body starts to use the back up stored fuel....ie the fat.

As your body adapts and expects less you won't feel hungry so often.

Like I said in your other thread...get into the habit of looking at the content of what you are eating. Keep the fat level as low as possible, only have just enough carbohydrates for what you need, and eat plenty of fruit and veg.

Have three meals a day and if you need a snack, get some dried fruit or better still fresh fruit. Always have breakfast, ideally a low fat cereal. If you miss breakfast your body goes into 'starvation mode' and naturally slows down it's metabolic rate...it's a survival thing. Quite clever really :)

When you are hungry you could have a hot drink, it will stop that hunger feeling for a while. Always carry a bottle of water with you and drink little and often...that will help you drop the weight too.

And exercise... it's a simple equation of if the energy used is greater than the calories in then you will lose weight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
with all this talking about sweets and such doesn't help a person very much.. even if he/she wants to lose weight to look good for summer and lastly keep the weight off.. as for me i want to lose weight so bad it kills. also we want to eat and not be hungry.. well bye i'm off to watch survivor and eat popcorn.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right i been on my diet for 4 days now eating around 1000 car per day. i have lost 2 pounds but this morning i have put on 1 pound? is this poss, i have been drinking alot of walter ans a bit of suger free robinsons to add a bit of flaver.

my diet yesterday for example

breakfest porage

lunch small hand full of graped and a apple

dinner prawns and small jackit with saled

i had a snack at 7 pm which was a sharon frute

and drinking walter all day i dont no how i put on weight tho is that possable?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
This may or may not be true but don't people weight heavier at certain times of the day ?

Did you weigh yourself at the same time? - besides, 4 days does not sound along time to be too worried about it, give it a fortnight and then see.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You need more than 1000 calories a day!
You are starving yourself. Are you male or female? Looks like you are heading for disordered eating

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
1000 calories a day is not enough and your body goes into starvation mode and starts hanging onto reserves, which may explain why you are not losing weight. I aim to eat around 1500 calories a day but I'm female and just under 12 stone now. Ideally you should aim to lose 1 or 2 lbs a week. If you are very big you may lose more intially.

I know a lot of people don't like fat clubs but many have online options now. I go to Rosemary Conoley - have been for a couple of years and I'm getting close to losing my third stone. The advantage is that they help you work out your daily calorie allowance but other clubs like weightwatchers etc will provide a similar service (although taking a slightly different approach).

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Just looking at what you ate yesterday and your lunch and dinner seem a bit too small in terms of calorie intake. Maybe try:

Breakfast : cereal + 1 portion of fruit (could be an apple or small glass of juice)

Mid-morning snack: 1 portion of fruit

Lunch: Low fat sandwich (approx 300 cals) or bowl of soup or jacket spud with low calorie filling

Mid-afternoon snack: 1 portion of fruit

Dinner: grilled fish or meat with potatoes, pasta or rice and unlimted veg/salad

Pudding: low calorie pudding (approx 150 calories) or some more fruit.

Aim to drink around 5-8 glasses of water a day.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
... and try to weigh yourself once a week, same day first thing in the morning. If you keep getting on the scales you will see fluctuations and it'll make you paranoid. Don't stress about it too much.... it'll happen if you follow the suggestions.

Slow weight loss is preferable too...it's more likely to stay off.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
FunkyShots said:
i done a bad thing last night i had chinese please dont tell me that will put me back to squere 1

Don`t beat yourself up over a chinese.

I had 6 pints last night and Ive already convinced myself I deserved it.

Maybe thats why I`m not getting any faster................................:)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
We all have something we shouldn't or overindulge from time to time so as Dave says don't beat yourself up about it and don't stop trying. If I know I'm going out for a meal I usually have a lighter lunch. I had an Indian on Saturday and it might show on the scales tonight but I know it won't take long to lose it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Rich and I had a weekend of complete and utter naughtiness ;)

It all started on Friday night with beer, continued through Saturday with chocolate, more beer and later on a pizza (well you have to soak up the beer with something)...more chocolate and into Sunday, when we eventually got up at middayish, we went out for lunch...panini, coffee and lush cakes...back home for a beer and we finished the whole weekend off with an easter egg...each

That along with watching the Matrix trilogy adds up to one perfect weekend :rolleyes:

And so what if I've got a few pounds to lose now...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Perfect attitude Trinity.You and Rich are obviously a perfect match...........:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts