Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I am a keen runner and do it regularly, however I have just started a new job where I get up 3.30am for work and return home 1pm, if you had these shifts how would you plan your diet for example what times you would eat and what you would eat and when to go for run. I used to run as soon as I woke up on a empty stomach however this isn’t possible now.
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sleep 9.30pm-3.30am, but also have a 1 year old son so if I’m lucky I get that lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was sleeping!

So your window for any activity, including family, is 13:00 to 21:30. The family bit is very important, because you have lost the 8:00 to 13:00 window when you might well have seen your youngster. Finding time to be with family would be my priority. Then fit a run in. I also run in the mornings before eating.
There could be a couple of options depending on when you can get some family time.

1) Many runners who work dayshift have their run when they get home from work and before having their evening meal. You could do the same by running without food soon after you get home at 13:00. Then eat your main meal of the day when back from your run.

2) Have your main meal when you are home from work at 13:00. Wait until late afternoon when kiddie is in bed and go on run at about 18:00. After run have a light meal including protein, such as bagel with salmon. Still have time for a little chat or TV before bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts