Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the past I have always done Slimming World, which works well but my problem is that I tend to get obsessed when I diet and am far too strict with myself.

I need/want to lose about a stone but I am in no rush to lose this really, my running and training is now more important and have previously found that when I diet I just don't have the energy for decent training.

So, my question is, can anyone suggest a decent nutrition plan that will help me lose weight gradually (and keep it off) whilst still having a good amount of energy for running and will not leave me feeling deprived (can't live without wine and chocolate I am afraid!!!!)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Rachel I'm a SW fan too. Green days mostly with the occasional red once a month. I find is easy to follow but I do need to make more of an effort with making new meals as it's easy just to stick to what you know.

I'm not going to class but shall start up again once I get back off from holidays where Im planning on joining a running club too :rolleyes:

Are you just wanting a change from the good old faithful and go for something new? I get like you and very obsessive about my diet/weight. Feeling low as I have weighed myself this morning and put on a pound since Tuesday and now beating myself with a stick about it and just having fruit today although I haven't gone over my syns at all :(

Nat

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
bit of a tough one really... their endless numbers of books on this kinda topic - so I won't try and answer everything in one little post, lol.

Aim for a calorie defecit of around 500kcals a day, and in 14 weeks you'll have lost your stone... ~250kcals a day and you'll lose the stone in about half a year.

As for maintaining energy - it's all about a balanced diet, plenty of fruit & veg, and as few 'empty calories' as possible. Of course you need your pleasures in life, but it's always a compromise - the more wine/choc you have, either the slower you'll lose weight (as you'll be consuming more calories), or the less enrgy you'll have (since you'll have to cut calories from quality foods out of your diet).

If you haven't already, try having a look through the thread I start on "Why can't I lose weight?", which towards the end has some fantastic posts regarding weightloss and some of the myths around it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts