Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am running the 20 kilometres de Paris in October and have started thinking about the practicalities. Does anyone know if I need medical insurance and would I need a special policy. Can anyone recommend a company please?:confused:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Does the E111 not cover you?

I ran the Frankfurt Marathon last year with just normal travel insurance and the E111 card.
I had to overnight in a German hospital once and showed them my E111/European Health Insurance card thingy... they just kind of went :confused: and held out their hand for some cold hard cash. lol.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I had the opposite experience when I moved to Germany. I required ongoing treatment at the time and the treatment at the local GP was far superior to here. My own doctor was amazed at the technology and treatment.

And they didn't charge me a penny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks loads for the advice, and for those interested the race sounds fantastic and is on 12th October and still accepting entries. The only pain is that you need a medical certificate but I just had a letter from my GP which seems to have been accepted. Forum won't allow me to post the URL but if you google "20 kilometres de paris" you're there!

cheers again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts