Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just started to notice other runners when I am driving around the place. Im guessing they havent just started to appear.
Today when I was driving home from St Andrews I noticed a couple of people and thought to myself, that would be a good route to run or blimmey, that hill would have been a killer. :)

Does anyone else notice others while your not running? i.e. driving to work.

O.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ive just started to notice other runners when I am driving around the place. Im guessing they havent just started to appear.
Today when I was driving home from St Andrews I noticed a couple of people and thought to myself, that would be a good route to run or blimmey, that hill would have been a killer. :)

Does anyone else notice others while your not running? i.e. driving to work.

O.
Yeah i'm the same since i started running i've noticed more runners abouts. Guess its like when getting a new car once you own it it seems like everyone has the same car. We just become more consious of it!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
yep... I notice them all the time, I tend to recognise all the regulars around my area now too

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like to give the "I know how you feel" nod when I walk past runners when I take my boy to Greenwich park or such like.
He now likes to shout "Look Daddy A runner" and points which can be embarassing!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems to me that runners can spot runners a mile away!
Its funny you say that, I notice some runners that I meet on my local route on the train and its funny seeing them in suits and ties rather than runner gear. I then try and work out what sort of job they have. Sad aint it but I need something to pass the time on the train in to work. :)
Ive never spoken to them though, thats just weird ;)

O.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Its funny you say that, I notice some runners that I meet on my local route on the train and its funny seeing them in suits and ties rather than runner gear. I then try and work out what sort of job they have. Sad aint it but I need something to pass the time on the train in to work. :)

O.

we should have a 'secret nod' or something similar :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts

O.
You should say to them they look different with their clothes on............:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, a secret runners nod sounds interesting. I would have thought a nod was a nod. Would the runners version be with a sweaty face? :)

O.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hehehehehe

Running's not hugely popular over here; you see one or two around, particularly now it's summer, but cycling and roller-blading are more in fashion

·
Registered
693 Posts
I notice people more since I started jogging, my other half does too. He once saw a local bloke running along the road towards town and was amazed at his balls, braveness that is not his.....you know! lol. I wouldnt have thought running in the road alongside the traffic would be safe but plenty of people do it round here.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Yup... I'd certainly have made a similar comment! :p

I often find myself running alongside traffic in the road... quite often I take up lanes at roundabouts as if I'm a vehicle :lol: it's either that or stopping and waiting to be let accross, which simply isn't going to happen at 5:30pm next to an industrial estate!

Also great is the feeling of skipping between and past cars as they queue in teh traffic ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I just love doing that RS.....we have a notorious section of road here...I can get overtaken by a car and then 5 mins later skip past it as it waits forever at lights and/or for the train...love it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts