Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
appranlty it gives you the beat to keep going, but i also heard its dangerous cause your un aware of whats around you and some guy could mug you or something...

i personally dont listen to music cause i like to be aware of my surroundings, all though it can get abit boring...

what about u people, do u listen to music when you run?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I usually do. As long as you don't have it blaring loudly in your ear, you can still hear what's going on, and it's almost as good as tequila for helping the miles slip by :d

·
Registered
98 Posts
I always run with music.

I like to run and pretend im in a nike advert or something.

If I sense any people around who may not have good intentions I turn my music down or off.

I plan my route so that I stay away from main roads as much as I can and that I don't run past any potential trouble spots.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Why on earth would anyone mug a runner? :huh: It's not like we carry large amounts of valuables on us, we are generally fit, so potentially would fight back, and we could often out-run the person trying to mug us :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Katten said:
Why on earth would anyone mug a runner? :huh: It's not like we carry large amounts of valuables on us, we are generally fit, so potentially would fight back, and we could often out-run the person trying to mug us :p
I guess they may go for the MP3 player.

I think the biggest danger is just from out and out nutters trying to attack you for no reason whatsoever. I would like to think this is a very rare thing tho.

I think the biggest threat is to youngers runners, who get abuse or chased by kids their own age, I run with a group of young kids theres about 30-40 of them.

Theres a few adults who run and some who follow the course in cars or on bikes.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I bet I would feel a lot less pain if I would run with "my" music but....
Not only you're unaware of what's going on around you but... In a race I will not have the help of music so I prefer to train in a way that will mirror racing conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts