Runners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
appranlty it gives you the beat to keep going, but i also heard its dangerous cause your un aware of whats around you and some guy could mug you or something...

i personally dont listen to music cause i like to be aware of my surroundings, all though it can get abit boring...

what about u people, do u listen to music when you run?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I always run with music.

I like to run and pretend im in a nike advert or something.

If I sense any people around who may not have good intentions I turn my music down or off.

I plan my route so that I stay away from main roads as much as I can and that I don't run past any potential trouble spots.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Why on earth would anyone mug a runner? :huh: It's not like we carry large amounts of valuables on us, we are generally fit, so potentially would fight back, and we could often out-run the person trying to mug us :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Katten said:
Why on earth would anyone mug a runner? :huh: It's not like we carry large amounts of valuables on us, we are generally fit, so potentially would fight back, and we could often out-run the person trying to mug us :p
I guess they may go for the MP3 player.

I think the biggest danger is just from out and out nutters trying to attack you for no reason whatsoever. I would like to think this is a very rare thing tho.

I think the biggest threat is to youngers runners, who get abuse or chased by kids their own age, I run with a group of young kids theres about 30-40 of them.

Theres a few adults who run and some who follow the course in cars or on bikes.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I bet I would feel a lot less pain if I would run with "my" music but....
Not only you're unaware of what's going on around you but... In a race I will not have the help of music so I prefer to train in a way that will mirror racing conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.