Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the British 10k weve been told if we want a personal time that we have to time ourselfs.

does this still count as a pb?

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I always time my races and then cross check with the official times.
If there's no oficial one, then why not time it yourself?
Just make sure that you press the start button just before crossing the line (if you're looking ahead, just as your eyes lose contact with it) and then again, when you have fully crossed the finish.
It won't be 100% accurate but this way you will not take seconds off. You may add 1 or 2 but that's better than nothing :)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
It counts for me. I ran in a local 10 mile race last weekend and was quite near the back at the start so used my watch time rather than the official time as it was a good 20 odd seconds before I had got to the line after the the gun.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
It definitely counts, because it's an official race over a measured distance.

But it is a bit tight though, especially for London, for them not to record the competitors times. I've never heard of that before. Will there not be a list of results or anything? How much did the race cost to enter!?

·
Registered
120 Posts
mike84 said:
30 pounds nearly.:(

also is a road run pb the same as a trail running pb?
Gee,that is expensive and they can't even give you an official time.:huh:
Road and Trail race distances and terrains can be so variable that all you can reasonably do is call them course pb's.
Incidentally,have you ever noticed how many of the elite runners take their own times even when winning road races?:)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I consider my 3000m PB the fastest time I've run over that distance. And that was on a solo test.
For official purposes that doesn't count but hey... I know I've run it :)

I would count it if I were you :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ran the British 10k in London on 01 July 2007 and although it was expensive (almost £30 as previously mentioned), I still thought it was a great race and a great morning out.

I also had to do my own timing for the run as there were so many people in it. In fact, many people had started and finished the run before many people had even crossed the start line.

It's not the best organised event but I still think it's great.

And remember, if there is no chip timing and you record your own time... it still counts as a PB as long as you don't cheat, cause the only person you'd be cheating is you.

Keep running.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it was a great race wasnt it.

It didnt really matter about anything, because it was just such a great race location.

I think I will be back next year.

I timed myself and counted it as a New PB.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
£30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is outrageous! What a waste of money. Get a cheap return to London,take your shoes and run to the landmarks for free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts