Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive posted before about insoles for my salomon trail shoes, and having tried several ive decided that it aint gonna happen.

the shoes feel fine once off road but if my route has both road and trail im fairly screwed as i can feel the heels colapsing and rolling inwards which inturn leads to hurty knees and is generally not good.

i wear mizumo shoes for road but the grips for off road are awful so i do need something..

so my question... does anyone know of a deacent trail shoe to cover a Moderate Overpronator???

also there will be a pair of salomons for sale shortly ... one careful owner... worn a couple of times. £80 new :( so i would be looking around £40 ish

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Technically you shouldn't need support shoes for running of road as you foot is supposed to move around more than when running on the road but I take you point that often to get off road there will be some road running. There are a few trail adaptations of popular road shoes saucony does one (mentioned above), Brooks do an off road version of the adrenaline, adidas do an off road version of the supanova control but if you like mizuno look at the wave harrier.

Basically the former are the road shoe but with a more rugged sole.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a pair of Asics Gel Trabuco 10 support shoes which I bought for an off road event a couple of weeks ago (I'm a mod over pronator). My experience of this type of shoes isn't great but they worked well enough and I am happy with them, although the tread doesn't seem too much deeper or "grippier" than a road shoe.

They're selling half price at £37.50 which is why I bought them.

Cheers,
Ito.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts