Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's making me windy:lol: Only started eating it this week and oh my lord do I have trumpet trousers

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've never noticed it with porridge, but making any change to your diet can upset your digestive balance until all the natural microbes adjust. If you carry on eating it, I'm sure it'll settle down fairly soon.

If not, you could try to 'play' the national anthem.....:d

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
at the very least it will distract your fellow competitors and stop anyone wanting to use you as a wind break :p

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oh I do sympathise.

I'm having the same problem tonight after my Quorn chilli :confused:

Maybe try some different oats?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not sure about porridge, but in my younger days there was a beer around that was a fantastic laxative.......still managed to pile the weight on, it must have been the curries that accompanied them!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Oh I do sympathise.

I'm having the same problem tonight after my Quorn chilli :confused:

Maybe try some different oats?
oh yes Quorn. I eat loads of the Quorn range of products and, yes it does make you pump a lot:d

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I swear by porridge - the quaker oats (I think) ones which ware apple and blueberry in a sachet - in the microwave - jobs a good'un!! An hour before a session.

Just wondering - maybe (Littered) you don't let it cool enough - so this would cause wind/indigestion!! I know mine is very hot when it comes out the microwave - have to leave it to stand for a while...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not had porridge fro 3 days and I'm not so windy, so it is the porridge, shame as I was loving it. Saying that I'll still eat it, dont care if I could blow up an hot air balloon.:lol:
Just dont stand neat to me:lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quorn.....fab stuff isn't it but blimey yes it does give you wind! not sure about porridge but hey, added wind power could make us run faster, no?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Actually - meusli is good.... I have started having those Dorset Cereals (nice bright boxes) they are full of really nice seeds, oats, berries etc. and if you need to 'go' (if you know what I mean) before you go out running in the morning....these help!! I had a really bad run one morning because I was desperate for the loo half way through, and in a really pretty village, so nowhere to go - and I didnt bring any paper!!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Porridge is great I eat it regularly and never seem to suffer ill affects from it. I like it with either a spoonful of jam stirred in or some maple syrup, or lots of sugar. The traditional way with salt has never really appealed to me though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ah ha porridge hey. I have since starting running switched to whole grain bread and pasta and daily fruit which i find very nice but also daily porridge. Some nights my stomach is going nuts gurgling and whirling away. I never even thought of porridge just put it down too the brown bread etc. Been on it for a couple of months now. ( wife has tied breeze block to each corner of the bedding now )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well,i just now started eating porridge but when i changed from omlets to that...after a third meal i had some really painful bowel movements.Otherwise i felt great and it hasn`t happened again.I guess my organism just had to adjust to it.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Bananas do it for me! I can't stand eating them now.

I was thinking, though, could it be the milk in your porridge thats giving you problems, if you don't otherwise have a lot of milk? (Assuming, that is, you're one of us softies who uses milk rather than water to make up your porridge)

·
Registered
83 Posts
(Assuming, that is, you're one of us softies who uses milk rather than water to make up your porridge)
What difference would milk or water make:confused:?So far i have only used water because i just discovered porridge but yesterday i exclusively bought milk for it:unsure:.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I discovered porridge quite recently too. I make it with 1/2 skimmed milk and 1/2 water. I tried it with only water at the beginning but didn't enjoy it until I replaced some of it with milk. It tastes "creamier":).

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
What difference would milk or water make:confused:?So far i have only used water because i just discovered porridge but yesterday i exclusively bought milk for it:unsure:.

I was thinking if somebody was lactose intolerant, that porridge made with milk may cause problems. Or am I thinking of something else? :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts