Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that it does, ive been running on and off so i don't think I have felt the full effect yet.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Yes it does, especially as you feel yourself become fitter.

It was gorgeous on Wednesday and although I had already worked out on my cross trainer in the morning I just couldn't help going out later in the afternoon.

It was the first time I'd just worn shorts and short sleeves in this country since late last year.

Being out there in the sunshine, running through country lanes (and ankle deep puddles), breathing fresh air and feeling my body working hard up hills definitely made me happy

·
Registered
813 Posts
I only know that if I go out for a run as a 'real grump', I feel a hundred times better when I come home!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i do feel better, but i think i need to give it longer.

and maybe a getting fitter is the key

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I tend to feel the endorphin rush after the run but I'm miserable when I can't run and I'm always planning my next run.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
YES for me, I really like the feeling of satisfaction of running that bit longer and further than I had planned.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Like Trinity days like wednesday are great, you get a natural buzz, and like Steady always planning my next run.

It is constantly on my mind I can't remember the last time I came home from work and didn't feel like running... Don't get me wrong do enjoy my rest days also.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
It makes me happy because it allows me to drink what I want!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
Guiness is good for you ...... isn't it ?? :p

Yes. But not the night before a long run or a race...........:embarrassed:

·
Registered
104 Posts
A pint of cider with a quadVOD makes me extremely happy!

So happy that I stop shouting at my athletes and start to forgive them for not completing the weeks training and filling out their running logs!

coachsherwood

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have to agree with Steve........I never have to justify friday nights 5 pints and curry chaser!!!!!

Don't get me wrong...I eat a very healthy diet purely because I love healthy food.....but when I go off the rails I enjoy it all the more because I know I put the work in!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have to agree with Steve........I never have to justify friday nights 5 pints and curry chaser!!!!!

Don't get me wrong...I eat a very healthy diet purely because I love healthy food.....but when I go off the rails I enjoy it all the more because I know I put the work in!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts