Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I am taking part in this one yet, I have a feeling I had something else organised but I will double check. It would be great to do all 3 of the east coast series in my first year of races :d Then next year and I try and beat my times on each of the courses.

Anyone else planning on doing the Dundee course? I believe its not as hilly as Dunfermline :d

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right, Ive just entered the Dundee 1/2 Marathon as well :) That will complete the 3 races for the East Coast Series....

O.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would love to do the Dundee....

...But I think I will be mountain bike racing on that weekend.

I should be doing the Jedburgh half, which is 19th Oct. I have heard that is well hilly, being down in the borders.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That could be an interesting one to try though.....hmmmm, might look in to that :) Should be a bit cooler as well, plenty time to train for the hills as well.

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dundee half marathon course has now been announced....its looking good and will have a real chance to get a PB on this one. Nice and flat for most of the race :)

O.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Im entering on my own this time though as my mate has got to work. Does anyone know if the special medal is also being awarded for completing two of the east coast?. If it is how do they know you get one. Also found the q buster a bit confusing it says you get a discount if you have ran dunfermline or edinburgh but the one price comes up?.

Anway getting nervous again but at least i have some training time now.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mo,
I think Q Buster means you need to order all your races at the same time, I was the same, looking for my discount and never got it.
As far as I know they will be handing out medals for completing the full east coast series at Dundee.
I think they will do it the same way as they did in Dunfermline, just ask you if you ran the 2 previous races. If you havent and you say you have you will get a medal but whats the point, your just kidding yourself.

O.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Probably right about the q buster, not very clear is it. I wouldnt dream of getting an east coasts if I hadnt met the criteria. My understanding is if you run 2 out of the 3 you get the medal (or all 3). Otherwise there would have been no point in giving them out at Dunfermline as nobody had ran all 3 at that point.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yip, I got one for running Edinburgh and Dunfermline, and I will get another one for the full 3 in Dundee but if some people have ran Edinburgh and Dundee but not Dunfermline they will also get one.
Well, thats how I understood it :)

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Owain said:
The dundee half marathon course has now been announced....its looking good and will have a real chance to get a PB on this one. Nice and flat for most of the race :)

O.
I fancied doing the Dundee Half - some of my family live there. Unfortunately, it's the same day as the East Kilbride 10km/Half Marathon, which starts five minutes from my house and just happens to be my favourite race.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Does anybody know if there is parking near the start of this race, or where would be a good place to park?. I was also thinking of maybe getting a hotel for sat night so is there a travelodge nearby?.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts